• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

I found it !

alot of my terminal tackle is lost and found, i have floats, leads, hooks, all sorts...who needs tackle shops....lol

Crikey, that's pretty traumatic. Were they fishing and did they leave their kit behind ? The trouble with something like that is that it puts you off fishing in that spot for a little while.

Well Jim, what I did do (and a bit ashamed about this) is I checked various spots further along the bank in case the poor chap had been roving and left his main stuff in a swim further up but, alas, nothing doing.

What I can tell you though is that Sussex Police do a cracking cup of tea back at the station.

Well Jim, what I did do (and a bit ashamed about this) is I checked various spots further along the bank in case the poor chap had been roving and left his main stuff in a swim further up but, alas, nothing doing.

What I can tell you though is that Sussex Police do a cracking cup of tea back at the station.

I suppose that if the guy had left his kit somewhere along the bank then you would have been entitled to have kept it . If you find it and hand it in to the Police Station then it's yours if not claimed. The Police would probably not make the connection. If the river is not too deep, might be worth a trawl around with a grappling hook.

Back