• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

How to avoid gastroenteritis/stomach bug

Mike. I remember those Pink globuls from the Mill. Funny thing was the fish thrived in the warm discharges. Great perch, roach, chub and later carp made there way happily to the canal below the lock 1/2 mile downstream.

The best swim was the one below the weir at the mouth. Silkweed from the weir caught all kinds of fish.

Incidently, so did the swim 100 yards downstream, by the log across the water.

In the canal overflow, below the first bridge on the right was always alive with minnows, stone loach and gudgeon.

Happy days

Graham

Graham
Went and fished the one that was the prime Roach swim below the weir last autumn, first time I have returned for 40 years, ended with a mixed bag and lost a big Chub.

Remember this?

100_3870.jpg

100_3869.jpg

Oh yeah I had this as well, I believe it to be some sort of Cat Fish?

100_3865.jpg

Bit of a rubbish self take!!

At 6lb 9oz it is a PB for me from this little river!!
And I got her on a stick float and the Pin!!

Bet you didn’t get too many of those on your silk weed when you were a kid did you?

Keith. No barbel then for sure 45 years ago. That really cheered me up with this rotten cold. All houses now I know.

Back to the pollution. It's a real problem. As i said in an earlier post, last years disharges of raw sewage into the Thames were 10 x of the previous years.

Then you got the feeder streams like the Crane and the Loddon etc. No wonder the fishing is pretty hopeless.

Graham

Last edited:
Back