• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

How many clubs next season?

the club i'm looking at has 2 canals, one which has been restocked with roach,3 lakes and one river, which is best with a bit of extra water.
more than enough for me.

Last edited:
I will keep RDAA & TDFC but will dump Shiplake AC. Shiplake have banned night fishing which makes the Thames impossible for me rather than just very difficult. At this time each year I download the Wasing Estate prospectus - does anybody think it is worth it?

Steve

Having moved to the midlands from the Marlow area i will be giving up the long drive to fish the Kennet on the Wasing estate also down to Christchurch and Ringwood to fish the Avon ......just too far

Over the last couple of years i have been fishing Wye & Usk foundation waters and the odd day ticket beats on the Wye .....but i have now managed to join a couple of clubs that have their own waters on the Wye and Teme, so i will be fishing completely new waters that i have not even seen before ! so looking forward to walking a lot of banks during the close season and getting ready for a new challange ! if i can decipher the appalling maps i have recieved with my permits !!!
Thank god for Google maps
Dave

Steve, if you want to fish for loads of unpressurised fish on miles and miles of Kennet with only a few other anglers then Wasing is great value. Just look at the Kennet river reports, most of the regular posters with good catches have been from Wasing this season. Personally I couldn't justify the expense so will continue fishing the harder bits......

Ian, one of the clubs I've been looking at joining this year is RDAA for the Kennet - is the fishing really hard and are all the venues really busy? I don't mind a challenge, but I don't like fishing around loads of other people, much prefer to do my own thing if you get my drift...

Cheers, Nick

I will keep RDAA & TDFC but will dump Shiplake AC. Shiplake have banned night fishing which makes the Thames impossible for me rather than just very difficult. At this time each year I download the Wasing Estate prospectus - does anybody think it is worth it?

Steve
the appliction looks like a job application rather than a fishing one..:D

I will be dropping the Twyford ticket for next season and will persevere with my FAS ticket and a small carp water.

Nick, RDAA has all options on the Kennet, there are very underfished places if you fancy a walk (as would be expected) All stretches produce Barbel, some are barely fished and produce some very good barbel. Lower Benyons can get crowded, especially if it's on but most get put off when the going gets tough..........

One carp syndicate, one river syndicate and 5 club tickets. In total about 15 Barbel rivers and about 100 miles of river bank in which to lose myself. I do not buy any Day Tickets either in or out of river season. And on the other hand I will not be upgrading any rods or reels for another season or five! I would rather have the choice of water to fish than buy this years gear! And I think I still pay more for bait in a year than subscriptions!

Last edited:
Nick, RDAA has all options on the Kennet, there are very underfished places if you fancy a walk (as would be expected) All stretches produce Barbel, some are barely fished and produce some very good barbel. Lower Benyons can get crowded, especially if it's on but most get put off when the going gets tough..........

Cheers Ian, that's what I expected to hear really. I'm looking forward to it already!

3 club tickets, 1 carp syndicate and the BS all water ticket i won in the R&C auction. More than i need but what the hell it's got to be done.

Just one club for me which is a drop from two last season. There's simply no real point in keeping the other one. For the amount I actually used it last season I'd have been better off buying day tickets. I might have gone for a local carp syndicate had the opportunity arisen. Sadly, it didn't.:(

Wasing have some of the most unspoilt fishing rights on the Kennet. I can assure you it's not quite as easy as some would have you believe, but it can be productive. Stunning section of river. Quite varied, safe parking, reasonably quiet. Totally unspoilt. Is it worth it.........yes.

None

After this season...............None:(

Me I'm suicidal.....

Kidlington Angling Society....in the hope I'll catch one or two barbel out of the Cherwell or the Thames

North Oxford Angling Society...in the hope I'll catch one or two barbel out of the Seacourt Stream and Thames.

Both offer beautiful unpressured roving rivers at a small cost and they are my local waters that will hopefully improve....but the fish when you catch them are like blocks of gold.

My failsafe to keep me sane is a BAA ticket. Just to try to keep me from going totally off my rocker!

Less than £100 for the year and more water than I could possibly fish.

Cheers
Jason

Back