• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

How many clubs next season?

Clubs

Well I am keeping The Wasing, Farnham, Thatcham, Civel Service, City of London Pis, RDAA, Ross on Wye, Giving up Twyford, Arborleigh, Swallowfield. and BAA,

Ray Thorpe

I suppose it is all relative. My Dad pays £900 (discounted rate for OAPs) a year to knock a little white ball into a plastic cup (but only Monday to Friday).

Steve

Last edited:
RDAA and Twyford again this year for me. As Ian said some quality stretches on the Kennet that are rearly fished. I should know i've hardly seen another angler on one particular stretch during the winter. Also Marlow AC as I fancy some tinca chasing on the pits that are very local to me.

You wouldn't have recognised it last Saturday, Paul. Absolutely heaving - me and 3 others :)
Probably just the two for me next season, RDAA and BAA. The RDAA for the solitude and the BAA for those times I'm in the mood for clearing up other people's rubbish... Mind you, BAA also have miles and miles of rivers with barbel where you rarely see another angler too.
I've had a terrible itch for a barbel from the Thames below Richmond for a while now which might just have to be scratched next season, though. Maybe I won't need the two club tickets after all, except to retain my sanity.

I find no better feeling than catching virgin fish, also they are easier to catch being less wary.

How can you tell that they are virgins? I wouldn't believe a word they say mate ;)

Well I'm buying 4 books in total one of which is for a seldom fished water with quite tricky fish. More smaller rivers for me next season as well and I don't expect to catch anything like as many barbel. I just want to have a bit more variety next season.

Conrad

RDAA and Twyford again this year for me. As Ian said some quality stretches on the Kennet that are rearly fished. I should know i've hardly seen another angler on one particular stretch during the winter. Also Marlow AC as I fancy some tinca chasing on the pits that are very local to me.
have you been to beaconsfield pond?

Dropping Warrington Anglers this year, only fished their waters 4 times last close season and none of the rivers!
Have got a ticket for a lake that's limited to 50/year, hoping for some tench there, also joined a smaller club for more access to the River Dee.
PAAS gives me such a choice of river waters I can't find time to fish them all.

Does anyone on here fish Bolton & District Angling Association or Radcliff Angling Society, this is where I grew up and learned all my fishing, although the Irwell was poluted still in those days!!

Back