• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hinders Elips Pellets

Wow, all i said was i,d be interested if there was any asthaxantin in the oil, yes neil i know that due to costs bait companys were reducing or even omitting it, and stewart , it does a bit more than just colour fish meat,,,,, and as luck would have it i still have quite a few kilo of the original coppens 14 mm pellet, wich only go on the hooklink, and contain guess what,,,,,,,,

Ah that ultimate feeder mix from Teme 7 was brilliant Graham! That smell of lamprey was out of this world (fishing wise)
They also got me to test their black sooties which were heavily flavoured lamprey pellets but like the halibut pellets in appearance. I did extremely well on them on the Loddon & Kennet.

What would I give for a decent pellet like them to come back to the market! 👍
If you don't mind Julian send me your address in a private message. Il send you some of the stuff I've made for a few lads. I might be a bit biased with it but I really rate the garlic bait I do 😉

From the Skretting website:

Do salmon and trout feeds contain colouring?​

In the wild, the flesh of salmon and trout can be a red/pink colour, due to an antioxidant called astaxanthin.  Astaxanthin is produced in natural waterways by algae, yeast and bacteria, all of which are in the food chain of salmonids. Astaxanthin is an essential nutrient for salmon. It is required to remain healthy and disease free. Salmon are unable to synthesise astaxanthin themselves, meaning they need a dietary supply for these vital functions. Astaxanthin used in fish feed is made in the same way as vitamins that you might purchase from a health food shop.

Back