• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Heated clothing

You're gonna need a carp barrow Rob, but then you probably have one from your former (fishing) life :D

You might have to watch the battery life on a long session. I bought my wife some battery heated gloves and she complained they were not working but she had them on maximum ALL the time instead of a charge now and then if she felt chilly.

Many years ago when there were lighter fuel handwarmers an angling friend's sister borrowed his handwarmer to keep her warm during a winter rugby match in which her boyfriend was playing. She put the handwarmer down her jumper but in so doing the top came off and her bra caught alight! Suffice to say the crowd stopped watching rugby and instead watched her stripping off to save her considerable assets getting singed! For some time her breasts were sore to the touch (apparently!). LESSON: make sure your toes do not end up alight as in the picture on the box and be careful where you put your sock! You might also need to ensure you wick away any sweat from your feet as this can be a major cause of cold toes.

Be interesting if they work and are comfortable
When are you planning to use them

Hoping to get out over the weekend, and a couple of times next week. Although ironically now I've bought some the weather looks very mild for the next week!! :rolleyes:😂

@Ian Sewter too funny. To witness that would certainly warm up a cold day 😂battery life on these ones reckons to be up to 5 hours at max, 7 hours middle and 10 hours minimum. If they work OK and I get 5 hours at middle setting that will do me. I don't do all day sessions just generally a few hours here and there 👍

I bought these last weekend.

IMG_2786.JPG

I suffer terribly with cold feet. I work outside all the time on the power lines, sometimes stood in wet and shitty fields most of the day. Once my feet are cold they don't get warm until I'm in a hot bath. Anyway, charged them up, and I've worn them three time this week. Had them on the lowest of three levels on Monday all day in my work boots and my feet weren't hot, but they were warm enough to not feel the cold, and I've worn them twice this week on the highest setting to walk the dogs. Once when my feet were actually cold before I went out. On the highest setting my feet had warmed up by the time I came home.

Only a short review and time will tell how well they last, but I'll defiantly use them in my boots when I'm fishing.

One thing; They're quite thick, so removing your shoes/boots inner sole, helps.

OK, first try with the Eeieer heated socks today. Charged the batteries up on day of receipt (Friday) so I was ready to go.

Few comments about the fit first, I bought the XL size recommended for UK 8-12.5, i'm a 10 and wouldn't really fancy putting them on bigger feet. They are a snug, but comfortable fit on my feet when worn over a pair of normal socks, which I intend to do to keep them cleaner. Due to the inevitable extra faff required to use these, I put them on before leaving home with the batteries in situ, but not connected. The photos give an idea of fit when used with a size 10 neoprene welly, and I've tried to show the amount of extra room I had around my calf, doesn't look and wasn't a great deal, but seemingly enough. The battery sits on the side of the socks at the top. Having worn them now, I can say they did not dig in or interfere with my boots in any way (I did think they might). They were comfy to walk in, although I visited a local pond today and the walk each way was less than 200 yards. Don't see walking further being an issue tbh.

So onto use. Been a cold wet day today, air temp on the car was around 3/4 degrees. As I had my Snowline wellies on, I decided to set the temp of the socks to the middle setting. This is important as I think once connected and on, and trousers tucked into wellies and oversuit on, it would be a right pain in the arse to change the setting. Not impossible, but you'd probably do more harm than good stripping down to adjust the temp. Dead easy to use. Plug power packs in, long press red button to turn on and then press to toggle between red (hottest), amber (middle), green (coolest) settings. Long press to turn off. Very easy.

I fished from midday 12pm until about 3.30pm today, and by the time I was back at the car it was nearly 4pm so we're talking 4 hours use. I expected the battery lights (4 small blue ones) to be at least halfway down, to my surprise there were still 3 lit, suggesting they would keep on going considerably longer. But did they keep my feet warm?

Well yes. On a normal 4 degree day I would at some point feel the cold in my toes wearing wellies with two pair of socks and have to get up for a wander about, I didn't need to do that today and my toes stayed warm. It's a very odd feeling really, as they don't 'feel' incredibly warm as such, but the fact my feet didn't get cold today tells me they worked, and you could feel the warmth from the socks more at some points now and then (I guess when pressure points were changed as I sat).

I'll keep reporting back but from the first use I'm very optimistic these will be a great help :)

End of my outing :D

I have a heated waistcoat made by blazewear which is excellent. Just takes the chill off on lowest setting but you can definitely feel the heat on the highest setting.

You might have to watch the battery life on a long session. I bought my wife some battery heated gloves and she complained they were not working but she had them on maximum ALL the time instead of a charge now and then if she felt chilly.

Many years ago when there were lighter fuel handwarmers an angling friend's sister borrowed his handwarmer to keep her warm during a winter rugby match in which her boyfriend was playing. She put the handwarmer down her jumper but in so doing the top came off and her bra caught alight! Suffice to say the crowd stopped watching rugby and instead watched her stripping off to save her considerable assets getting singed! For some time her breasts were sore to the touch (apparently!). LESSON: make sure your toes do not end up alight as in the picture on the box and be careful where you put your sock! You might also need to ensure you wick away any sweat from your feet as this can be a major cause of cold toes.
Ian she wasn't called Erica by any chance?

Put mine on on the lowest setting this morning, been working in this since.
4AC00236-9EC6-498D-B810-6A5FB6CD0838.jpeg

Feet aren’t cold, yet.

Back