• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Has anyone been fishing?

Adrian Williams

No Longer a Member
I'm catching bream on the lower Severn and looking forward to a decent sleep before the last day. Has anyone else been out or planing a trip for tomorrow?

I crept out in a damp dawn, got a bit wet, fished for barbel for the first time in months, had a nice 7-14 (thank you, God) in miraculously short order, then went home.

Same here on getting a good nights sleep for the last day till midnight. Will be on the Tidal Trent mid day onwards for the last remaining hours. Mown my lawn for the first time this year & what a lovely afternoon. A bit more of that tomorrow please but not as many bream as my last session if possible!

I was planning a trip on the Wye tomorrow . Having seen the weather forcast , Their is a frost forcast for tonight . So I am in two minds now :mad: weather I should fish the Upper Thames and go for Chub instead

Been out both days this weekend for the sum total of one Eel whilst chub fishing the Colne, another season done for me as I won't make it out tomorrow...looking forward to the tincas waking up though!

After a good nights sleep I've had two cups of coffee and a bacon butty on the bank, I've also had two barbel and a bream plus I've just had one fall off.
Get out on the bank for a few hours tonight.

2 sessions from the weekend for me, only chub came to the net.
Glorious afternoon on the Thames but boy dip the temperature plummet once the sun went down and by the time I packed up everything was covered in frost :(.
D.

Finished my season already with a trip to the Dorset Stour over the weekend. No barbel but upped my chub pb twice in a day with a 6.6 followed by a 6.9 so I'm not grumbling.

I was planning a trip on the Wye tomorrow . Having seen the weather forcast , Their is a frost forcast for tonight . So I am in two minds now :mad: weather I should fish the Upper Thames and go for Chub instead
Water temps should be OK - last night on the Tidal Trent, my net was freezing to the ground between fish yet they kept on feeding until it was time to leave.

Trotting for dace and chub yesterday , lovely in the sunshine , a nice little haul of fish topped off by a run of very fat gudgeon ,awake and lively after their winter sleep . Might dust off the barbel rods for a last day fling , not caught one since November

Took the boat out for the last river trip on Saturday.
Slow fishing for us, but managed a nice mid double Pike to finish off the river season.

Not got the enthusiasm to sit out in the freezing conditions tonight for a last gasp Barbel. I've caught enough this season that I feel no need to bother.

Time to concentrate on a few other species now, and I'm really looking forward to it.......

Steve

Hoping to get out this afternoon and hopefully catch something, anything will do as I've lost hope of catching a Tees barbel.

Fished the Bristol Avon twice over the last few days - first time I spent more time chatting and drinking tea than fishing... which told as I had one tentative bite from a chub (probably - I missed it!).

Yesterday I concentrated a bit harder and managed to get a few more bites etc but no Barbel came to the net unfortunately. My main interest came from my new hobby of 'Otter Whispering' (having seen no otters in my entire fishing career until 4 weeks ago and now I've seen 5 in four trips to the BA and the Teme) and one chub.

Absolutely loved fishing yesterday - sat in the sun, cup of tea and a comfy spot. Not sure I'll be out again till mid summer as we're moving in June so all hands to the pump getting ready for that (and finishing an MA in Theology).

Took the boat out for the last river trip on Saturday.
Slow fishing for us, but managed a nice mid double Pike to finish off the river season.

Not got the enthusiasm to sit out in the freezing conditions tonight for a last gasp Barbel. I've caught enough this season that I feel no need to bother.

Time to concentrate on a few other species now, and I'm really looking forward to it.......

Steve

Expect you heard about Steve? Apparently the local postie is delivering his mail at his swim:)

He had a shed full:eek:

Was planning on fishing the Wye today for Barbel . With last nights frost decided to fish the Upper Thames for chub instead .I wish now I had gone to the Wye . When I got there some mindless moron :mad: had taken a chain saw to all the tree's on the opposite bank and had removed any over hanging cover :( Why do they do it :rolleyes: I will never know .

Was planning on going for a few hours tonight, but my little girl is in hospital with suspected appendicitus, might operate morning. Hope it goes well for her. Sod the fishing for once!!

Hope it all goes well Wayne. I myself finished off with a new pb chub of 6lb 5oz but no barbel mores the pity.

I managed a couple of Barbel and some Bream on the last day out on the Lower 7rn....lovely :)

Paul

Back