• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Has anyone been fishing?

Don't get me wrong, I can imagine it must get very frustrating when loads of people start invading a tiny stream practising what to them might be a totally new method or trying to relearn long forgotten half learned float fishing skills. However, I think it's great that the noble art of trotting a float is getting a revival it's just unfortunate that it's going on in your overcrowded corner of the country, you don't really have the space and tempers are bound to flare.
I'm in the fortunate position of living in the Midlands and doing most of my fishing midweek, I rarely see a soul on the bank and sometimes move on to another stretch if there is a car in the carpark of my first stretch, I could long trot 500yds with a party balloon without bothering anyone.
Perhaps things will die down a bit over the next 3 months but in case they don't I will be spending my close season scouring car boot sales for old stick floats to put on ebay, rest assured that BARBEL will feature prominently in the title.

An overnighter last chance of an 8lb chub on Saturday night.
The Kingfishers flew by before dusk, then the first bats of Spring emerged, the Harvest Mouse scavenged around the area as usual and at 9pm I thought I'd done it.
Felt heavy enough and then, a 10lb bream surfaced.
Followed by smaller ones on the hour.... and again......and again..........plus some non-mozzy insect bites to the flesh..........:eek:

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I'm always a bit glad to still have a target to look forward to for the next Winter, since I haven't a clue what I'd do with the evenings if I finally get it?
mouse?
it is spring then, i had a wood mouse in the back garden or was it a brown rat?:confused:

Back