• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Gone Fishing is back

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon it's just me but I watched some of one of their programmes last week, for the first time, and got fed up with the incessant twaddle :oops:

I reckon your right you grumpy old sod, I find it very uplifting (although Bob's fishing ability is non existent and therefore irritating) just light hearted "Twaddle" but still entertaining ;)
The wife's a big fan, which says it all really, I watch it but like you find Bob's lack of interest in just mastering the basics frustrating, but that I guess is the point. But have we ever seen a true image of angling in anything on TV apart from anglers themselves?
eg Billy and the Mitchell brothers fishing the 'cut' with Beach Casters :rolleyes:

already posted Wayne posted it on Friday mate

I was out for lunch with some non angling friends who were raving about Bob & Paul's fishing adventures. The fantastic locations and the joy of being in them help non anglers to 'get' some of why we go fishing. In a sense this is a programme about friendship with fishing providing the backdrop, so if you are expecting half an hour aimed squarely at anglers you will be disappointed. Sense of humour is a very personal thing and for me Bob Mortimer is one of the funniest guys on TV. I will be watching!

Steve

I found it a bit awkward to watch at times, as has been alluded to, the basic skills of casting and holding a rod properly should be achievable within hours. The banter is sometimes funny but sometimes it seems forced, perhaps a quiet moment between them would be better than trying to manufacture humour???

I will watch the latest series though, it's got to be better than the usual drivel pushed out by mainstream tv.

Back