• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Get Anything Angling Related....

Among the Thermal Gloves, Sealskinz socks, a thing of real beauty for those hard frosty waiting days - A "Mr Tickle" Handwarmer!:)
b03259bc62d33a07906f3c68bc29996c2aea0ad.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't get anything this year, but I bought for myself a DL2500FA & a Korum Maxi Rig Manager (fully loaded). I also picked up a Berghaus Interactive fleece (good sale at Millets) to zip into the bargain Berghaus Cornice jacket I picked up from the clasifieds on the Yuku boards.

Sadly, I was tardy in replying to Bob about the specification for my new rod, so that will have to be my birthday present (Feb 6) !!

R.

Actually, Mesozoic Mike was quite impressed with the DL2500, mainly because of its size (he finds the 5000-size reels a little large).

The Cornice jacket was steal - £50 + £6 postage. Brand new, with tags!

And I love the Korum tackle boxes - it all fits together nicely and keeps everything tidy.

Looking forward to the new i-Power... :)

R.

Last edited:
I decided to buy myself a little pressie - An Allcocks Match Aerial from ebay.

Couldn't afford it, didn't particularly need it, but couldn't resist.

Only problem - it's in such lovely condition that I'm not sure I want to use it.:rolleyes:

Korum bait crusher(thanks little brother)and loads of little bits and pieces which were most welcome as i started to decorate the trees on our local streatch way before the decorations should have gone upp !!!!:)

Lot of flash gear there Rob,Dino Hodgkiss woudn't approve :rolleyes: Very good coat that ;)

Actually my lad , I will have you know I got a brand new second hand coat off E bay for fishing ,Craghoppers fully loaded and toasty warm £20 ! :) I also bought myself a whole pint of maggots . The good lady got me 2 tickets to see Iggy and the Stooges in London . Top pressy

Jon's book is a very good read !

Rich, that'll teach you to go fishing after a night on the sauce :p

I had some tackle shop vouchers which I used to stock up on PVA and bits and bobs, which Rich will no doubt 'borrow' at some point :D

Happy New Year all !

Not angling related but I reckon with all the lego the kids had I am a certified lego engineer now!!
Still love the stuff. :)

Xmas

A Daiwa Sol 3000 reel, which my girlfriend kindly imported from the States - Made up with it, though a shame she got stung for import duties and handling fees :)

Morning all,

Lots of lovely stuff for me, mostly non-fishing, but a new fishing bag, excellent restorations of two rods (a Chapmans 500 that was originally a present from CY, and my faithful old Chapmans Amwell) and the remarkable Casting for Gold DVD were highlights of the festive season. It's also my birthday in a few days, and there are mysterious packages under the stairs from a well-known fishing tackle supplier...

Happy New Year!

Jon

Whoops - wrong answer! The Book Casting for Gold is readily available!

Last edited:
Back