• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Get Anything Angling Related....

John Cook

Its the big day did santa bring you any fishing related items?????? None for me i must have been a bad boy this year, the boy got the second volume of catching the impossible dvd so at least we have some decent to watch later...

Enjoy the day:)

Hi men ,

I got the new Rob Maylin book , One Last Cast . Fantastic stuff , I was there when a couple of the early photos were taken , and in one you can see the stainless buzzer bar , and needle systems I used to make for Leslies of Luton for a couple of years !!. Brought a lump to my throat , and I wish I could turn back the fishing clock , because I would .

Hatter

I got a Northface Trapper hat. I bought a similar hat a while back but this is in a different league, I swear you could go out in this alone butt naked and not feel cold. Awesome bit of kit!

All the best,
Haydn

I got a book of my fishing Photos which my other half had made, awesome, A remote air release sysetm for my camera and thermal long johns..........and other non-fishing related stuff, I am a lucky boy :)

My boy has purchased me 2 x Shimano 4000D baitrunners. I am am one happy dad.

I got the new Keith Arthur book, and a few lures. Crooky bought my son a brilliant fishing game. He's actually catching by design now, he targets a red one and .....gets a red one.

i told my lads not to bother this year with anything for me as it's been a tough year finacially for them with young families, however they chucked in £15 each for me to get a club ticket from the 1st jan..
had a head fit with 'em but it 's much appreciated all the same...

How about .....

John Searl print

Picture005.jpg

The wife must like me a bit!

Picture sorted Yippeeee

Last edited:
xmas

Got some pro-logic 4 play lures (things of beauty), Mr Crabtree Goes Fishing (which I'd only ever read before on loan from the library), Catching the Impossible (final episodes) and finally, Casting for Gold on DVD - our own Mr Boote catching some rather fine north Indian Mahseer.

Off to wet a line next on the 28th on an all-day-and-into-darkness fishing pass thanks to my better half - perhaps the best present of all.

Casting For Gold

The only fishing related pressy I got was "Casting for Gold" as David said above-featuring our own Paul Boote.

Mahseer to over fifty pounds from a raging River Ganges, well worth watching. :)

John

Yes John - probably should have sung its praises more. It is excellent and well worth watching. Loved the bit with Maurice Mehta (sp?).

But of course the fish themselves are the highlight. Remarkable looking and give such a great fight. I won't catch one myself, but this DVD is a v good substitute.

You never know David, who knows what the future holds? You could be Mahseer fishing many years from now, but I'm sure you'll come back to the Barbel and the Colne.

I had EELS the Final Frontier by Steve Ricketts as i fancy another crack after eels this coming spring as i got on to a few waters holding some right big kippers !

Back