• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Garlic spam

Almost worth it's weight in gold . There is a new flavour spam out called hot and spicy , tench like it , I am sure barbel will :)

Almost worth it's weight in gold . There is a new flavour spam out called hot and spicy , tench like it , I am sure barbel will :)

B&M are selling hot and spicy Spam £1 a tin also some Poundlands have it too

Guys,
The makers of Spam stopped importing garlic spam into the UK last year. I contacted them because I was having difficulty finding it locally. Their reply was that they had stopped bringing it to the UK because sales volumes were very low.
The hot and spicy seems to be in most bargain shops at about £1 a tin, only tried it once, so cannot comment on how good it is as bait.
Mike

It's just mass hysteria chaps. My garlic spam reservoir is safe to the moment. 2 casts with hot and spicy spam 11.02 and a double at 12.06. Next year you will ha e forgot about Garlic........

This hot and spicy better work. I've just bought 20 cans. Did try a can for dinner tonight. Not bad and the dog liked it but he's got the ****s now

So easy to flavour your own spam - chop up into lumps/sections, put in plastic bag with garlic salt/ curry powder/whatever flavour - blow up bag, shake around, stick in freezer. Or fry with bit of oil and flavours - nice crusty edges !
Probably stating the obvious - just saying ;)

So easy to flavour your own spam - chop up into lumps/sections, put in plastic bag with garlic salt/ curry powder/whatever flavour - blow up bag, shake around, stick in freezer. Or fry with bit of oil and flavours - nice crusty edges !
Probably stating the obvious - just saying ;)

Last time I fried it up in curry powder the house smelt like the local takeaway for a week. One miffed missus and a trip to the doghouse, nothing new there :p

Years ago a day on the river Colne rolling meat with a mate, changed my thought process when it came to fishing.With the river up and coloured,we used to roll meat and keep on the move.My mate Rob Carter had unknown to him rolled through a swim i had ran through already. I Did not get a touch, my mate had 3 barbel from the swim and had also caught a couple of other fish whilst i was blanking.My old faithful Garlic flavoured meat(gem garlic bulb if you remember them,sadly missed) had failed.Now i thought it was something i was doing wrong but the only difference was that my mate was rolling Spicy,tikka masala flavoured meat.He gave me some of his bait and bang i started to catch.Had the fish been caught too often on the Garlic and it had blown or on that cool flooded river did they want a hot and spicy bait who knows, but if you fish meat try changing the flavour it might surprise you.

To whomsoever cleared the shelf at the York Road B&M in Leeds of all the tins of hot and spicy Spam, bar one...thank you. I'll now give it a try: if it works I'll go searching for more. If it doesn't, at least I won't have 19 tins sitting in my garage. :)

To whomsoever cleared the shelf at the York Road B&M in Leeds of all the tins of hot and spicy Spam, bar one...thank you. I'll now give it a try: if it works I'll go searching for more. If it doesn't, at least I won't have 19 tins sitting in my garage. :)

You would have done the same Anthony !:D

Back