• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Garlic spam again!

David, that link should be on the e-bay madness thread. £38 for one tin plus postage.

£38.00 + postage for 10 cans Derek, but even that is taking the p***......I suppose it's the old supply and demand situation, he's got 30 cans and somebody somewhere will be prepared to pay.....Not me, I've got 24 cans stashed......:D

I suspect that the days of seeing the stuff for sale in proper shops is over. Sainsburys had a big batch then Netto had what appeared to be the last of it. Pleased that I bought as much as I did last time round. I've got enough to last me a few years yet.

Spam Chopped Pork & Ham is 2 for £2 at Morrisons at the moment for anyone that's interested. They also tend to stock the Spam with black pepper which is a good alternative to the garlic stuff.

I got some Plumrose chopped pork and ham for £1.30 something from Cost Cutter. It's a good bait with plenty of fat content so stays on the hook well.
Also the Co-op meat is cheap and probably for me better than Spam. Expect to pay c£1.50

still got about 20 tins left from the last lot netto had in stock , but the black pepper stuff is as good imo .

still got about 20 tins left from the last lot netto had in stock , but the black pepper stuff is as good imo .

I agree Steve, the only problem I had with the BP was that I ate more than went as bait !!!....:p

People need to get over the demise of Garlic Spam, as IMHO it never gave me an edge over normal spam, or my fav method of coating meat in curry powder.

and cheaper as well.:eek:

How is buying plain Spam, then coating it with something that isn't free, cheaper than buying garlic Spam which was the same price or cheaper than plain Spam?:confused::confused::confused:

Back