• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free fishing St. Pats, Loddon and Thames

Keith, we have obtained permission to open the Lower Pats car park so that his Lordship will not have to drive his heavy Bentley Blower over the bridge.

Do you need me to reserve a swim for your stick float demo?
Will you be arriving Friday eve or Sat morning?

Dave

parking ?

Hi all ,
great event and thanks for inviting everyone.
I would love to be there, is there a post code for sat navs for the parking please?
Also what time is the stick clinic ? as I probably cant be there until 1 pm .
Regards.

Mark

Hi Mark,
Keith will be there all day and there will be an afternoon session.

The post code is RG10 8HL. Look for the posters on the day.
The road leading to the fishery from the A4 is Loddon Drive. It's a single track road with passing places.

Dave.

Still planning to come to the open day Nathan?
Will we be blessed by an appearance from Lumsden?

Of Course Dave, I will bring a friend who is interested in the Twyford stretches as well. Unfortunately Lumsden has dissapeared from the face of the earth. Last fished with him on the Kennet and Wye over a year ago.

I have now spoken to Wilson, while he is very grateful that you have opened the Lower Pats car park the tight bends preclude his use of even the smaller Bentley and the road is too rough for any of the Astons, however he is coming.
Last year the inclement weather made delivery of vital foodstuffs (Oatmeal for the staff ) and the Chateau Cheval Blanc 1947 was running a little low, so Mike decided some air transport was in order, so please can you ensure that half the car park is made available, Mike will on this occasion, only use the Gazelle, but it still needs a bit of room to land.
This also means that Jeeves will be on hand to prepare Mikes Luncheon!

Dave I will send you a PM re swims etc.

Keith

My dear friend Keith

At Tiffin earlier today I succinctly recall one being asked to arrange for Jeeves to use the Chinook to clear the bank side of invading anglers who have taken the liberty of moving into areas you have indicated you may wish to trot your float.

One subsequently joined Jeeves on a reccie and decided to bait that section for you with 20 gallons of mixed red and whites. However, the downdraft from the propellers scattered the maggots far and wide and people both in Reading and Maidenhead have been complaining about 'skyfall' maggots.

One has already had a complaint from GE who found them in his garden!

Hey ho! Tootle pip for now!

Looking forward to extracting the nitrogenous liquid on Saturday.

See you and your gillie Dave Currel then old chap!

Mike

What a shame Currell is such a dinosaur and does not come on here!!

He would just love that one!!:):):)

On a more serious note Dave and I will be there all day, I have not discussed this with either Dave or Crooky but I suspect we shall do a morning session and afternoon session.

The usual format is as follows:-

A talk on float fishing which covers-
Which Rods.
Which Reels.
What Bait and how to prepare it.
How to Feed.
Where to feed.
Where to fish.
Watercraft.
How to prepare a swim.
Fish care.
What else can I do to get an edge?

I will also try and answer any questions or doubts that you may have.

We will then give everyone the chance to fish our swims with our gear.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all.

I think you'll find Crooky is the expert on where to feed and how to feed.
He's in charge of the burgers. :D

I have actually been given a restraining order, not allowed within 25 yards of the barbecue, something about preserving stocks for sale whatever that means?

I have actually been given a restraining order, not allowed within 25 yards of the barbecue, something about preserving stocks for sale whatever that means?

I am sure your casting skills with a lure armed with a treble will allow you to reel in a few burgers at that range Crooky :p

Cheers, Dave.

I am sure your casting skills with a lure armed with a treble will allow you to reel in a few burgers at that range Crooky :p

Cheers, Dave.

I am planning to use the old "let me take that one up the bank for Keith" routine Dave but don't tell anyone, mum's the word and all that!! Whatever you do, don't mention it on a forum :cool:

Blimey!!

I'll never see a burger then!:)

I hope that Sorrell brings some Mars barz:D:D

Keith, do you want me to reserve the same swim as last time?

If so I'll get the staff to iron the grass so his Lordships delicate feet are not offended.

Back