• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free fishing St. Pats, Loddon and Thames

Dave Johnson

FOR ONE DAY ONLY.
8am till late. 17th August,2013
Want to fish 3 seperate rivers from 1 car park?
T&DFC are having an open day on the 17th August.
St Patricks stream, the Loddon and the Thames can be fished and walked
around for free on one day only.

Keith Speer will be holding a trotting workshop.

River guides will be available to walk the banks with you.

Just turn up with your tackle, bait, unhooking mat, EA licence and a smile.
You might want to bring a little cash for a burger.
We will be accepting new members on the day, cash or cheque only.
No WiFi on the bank, another good reason to join us.

Check us out at
Twyford & District Fishing Club

Please indicate on the thread if you are planning on visiting us.

Thanks to Andy Frances for allowing this post.
Hope to see you there,
Dave

Great idea, many thanks for the offer :D

Is the "day" dawn till dusk or midnight till midnight? I guess the Thames could be a bit of a regatta come mid August on a Saturday during the hours of daylight?

Otherwise, is my best bet to bank one on St. Pats or the Loddon? If it's a 24 hour thing I could do eight hours on each and get a true flavour of what's on offer? :eek:

Either way, I'll be needing some guides to take me directly to the swims where the mid doubles live ;)

I'll put the date in the diary so hopefully count me in!

Stephen

Great idea, many thanks for the offer :D

Is the "day" dawn till dusk or midnight till midnight? I guess the Thames could be a bit of a regatta come mid August on a Saturday during the hours of daylight?

Otherwise, is my best bet to bank one on St. Pats or the Loddon? If it's a 24 hour thing I could do eight hours on each and get a true flavour of what's on offer? :eek:

Either way, I'll be needing some guides to take me directly to the swims where the mid doubles live ;)

I'll put the date in the diary so hopefully count me in!

Stephen

Stephen,

On this occasion you can fish as late as you like within our own restrictions, so on the Upper Pats or Thames you can fish all night if you wish. On the Lower Pats and this particular section of the Loddon the off time is midnight, apart from a couple of swims we need to vacate by 9PM

Many thanks Ian.

Looking forward to seeing St. Patricks Stream again. I haven't been there since I had a Leisure Sport ticket in the late 80s. Mind you, would like to have a go at the Loddon and the Thames too!

Although I am trying to cut my mileage down rather than the other way but you never know, I might be tempted with a ticket, especially if you put me onto those mid doubles ;)

Stephen

Great club, really recommend giving it a go.

Also recommend wandering down St Pats to near the confluence with the Loddon to see the house I'll be retiring to*

* IN MY DREAMS

Hi Dave,
definately up for this. I've got a meeting in the morning but should be there by lunchtime. Particularly interested in Keith's tuition.
Looking forward to it...

Steve

Steve

Not sure wot you are saying!!!
I'm not that shallow!!!

Are they the proper sized ones or the small fun size?:eek:

The Crooky monster

Very unfairly maligned Keith ! :(

But whilst we are on that sort of subject i should warn anyone partaking in the the day to be aware of the Crooky Monster !

Apparently he's been frequenting the area of the Causeway lake recently, but the likleyhood of food being present with so many people around may be too much for him to ignore, and may attract him to the area - he's not known to be aggresive, but very persistant, so i would keep any food or bait well sealed or you may lose the lot ! :D
Whatever you do if you see him DO NOT FEED HIM ! Best thing i've found is to keep throwing mud balls at him, if nothing else it will keep him at bay long enough to be able to eat your sandwiches !

Ian.

Back