• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fraser River Sturgeon

Jeremy Evans

Has anybody been out to the Fraser River fishing for the Sturgeon and if so can they tell me which guiding company etc they used. Looking to have myself a trip out there maybe next year so after any info i can get.
Cheers Jez

PM on the way mate

No mate its always something i've wanted to do and now the kids are a bit older and off to Uni etc i think its time i did a few of the things i fancy. This and the Ebro and maybe a trip after the Nile Perch are on the agenda over the next four or five years before i get to old for it all lol.

Jez. You know it makes sense! a Pup!

vancouver035.jpg

Go for it mate !!!!

If you`re looking to get a wish list then have a mooch at Cabos San Lucas for the marlin. Its on my list and is the next stop after I get the addiction to Nile Perch out my system!

Go for it mate !!!!

If you`re looking to get a wish list then have a mooch at Cabos San Lucas for the marlin. Its on my list and is the next stop after I get the addiction to Nile Perch out my system!

Hi Martin.

Ref Nile Perch : Which company did you go with ?

Martin,

Also interested mate as i am hoping to arrange a trip for my 50th next year (yes, yes, i know i only look 40:D). Thinking of either nile perch or comizo barbel, just need to make up my mind.:eek: Think the comizo fishing may be harder and i would like to catch something, thats why i'm leaning towards nile perch and it is something i have always wanted to do.

atb

Paul

These guys Ian:

Nile Perch Heaven

Their Facebook:

Fished three times with them in the last year and love how they go about things. The food is exceptional (not one person has had `Pharaohs Revenge` on a trip), the guys look after you like royalty and are a damn good laugh to boot.

We fish dawn to dusk for perch then overnight for Vundu and they never stop trying to put you over fish.

Sorry if that sounds like an advert but its the best fishing experience I`ve ever had and am currently considering a trip out in November for the big girls!

Maybe we can all get together and have the weirdest BFW Fish-IN ever!!!!!

Just to chuck in my ten penneth about the companies operating and my reasons for going with NPH.

Lake Nasser Adventure have the supply ship as an additional extra so that has to be factored into the cost. That means you`re living, eating, sleeping on a 28ft fishing boat! A bit cramped! Also, tackle is extra which also bumps up the cost.

African Angler are the best known company on the lake but they`ve lost most of their top skippers, Ramadan (Fox), probably the number one skipper on Nasser now owns a supermarket in Aswan! A.A are based in Aswan so if you`re doing the most convenient (and cheapest) flight to Egypt which drops you in Luxor theres transfer fees to get down to Aswan. Also, tackle and lure hire is extra and this really bumps up the cost of the trip. If you want to fish with Mohammed (John Wilsons guide) they charge you extra but Mohammed doesn`t see any of this!

NPH will get you from Luxor to Aswan then give you the gear and lures as part of the package. It makes a massive difference to the overall price of a trip.

Believe me, when one of the truly big fish rises and clamps down on a lure it scares the hell out of you. I`ve been lucky in raising three of these monsters (the one three weeks ago left me shaking) but so far the sods have just clamped the lure then spat it out.........next time they won`t be so lucky!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the hijack Jez!

Martin,

Nice one mate, just skim read it as working, but will have a good read later. Looks like a great trip.:)

Paul

As for the Ebro cat master tours great company back out in six weeks carping not cating done this loads and had loads but hopping to better me carp of 44lb as for the sturgeon I'm heading to BC next year with me brother and mate so best of luck to all but don't forget Thailand as the fishing is out of this world oh and India good fishing there as well oh and America there in 2 weeks fishing lake pleasant again for large mouth bass so will be good again I'm sure ..been so many places in the world now fishing and yet so many others ive got to fish just time best of luck to ya all

Whilst we're on the subject of foreign fishing, don't forget the Florida Keys. Got back from 2 weeks there yesterday, which included 2 shark and 3 tarpon trips. Words cannot describe how powerful a ton up tarpon is, or how impressive a 13 stone, 7 foot long fish looks when it's suspended upside down after it jumps six feet out of the water!

I would definately recommend this

Its pretty spectacular eh Tim !:D:D:D:D

13 stone fish, thats huge! I managed to catch one ton plus tarpon but it was `only` 9 stone :p:p:p, a mere baby compared to that monster.

Where did you fish from, Islamorada, Marathon or Key West?

Back