• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

For those who ain't got them šŸ˜

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men,

If you ain't , then your lucky people . Thames Cray's

Hatter

Doesn't work even when logged in to Faceache

Hi men,

Yes , did not think of that when I linked the video šŸ˜”. The video is of the ongoing harvest of Cray's from the Thames , and was just an interesting clip , as only during the week on my local canal I went through a packet of hooks to nylon on an evening trip with my dad . They were hanging on , or dragging my stuff into burrows or snags , even if I got my stuff back the size18 would be turned over šŸ˜¬ , they are more than a pest . Funny thing is that a walker did not look happy when I dispached one with my foot .

Hatter .

I can see it ! I've only encountered Crays once whilst fishing on the Thames, well it must have only been one or they would have had my bait off, but when reeling in i could see the grooves it left in my boilie ( which i now boil really hard after encountering them on the Loddon ) I've never had trouble from them before or since, how much longer though ? As far as ...... Faceache goes, I can't understand some peoples issue with it !!!! you can choose the groups you wish to visit or contribute to, you can choose what you wish to put on your own page, or any you visit, if you don't like what you see in a group don't go there simple, you don't have to chat fishing, you can just chat with old mates, family friends etc, etc, i get the feeling some have just gone on it seen something they don't like and have then formed an opinion instead of finding out more, I like it.... but one mans food is another mans poison i guess ! :rolleyes:

I can see it ! I've only encountered Crays once whilst fishing on the Thames, well it must have only been one or they would have had my bait off, but when reeling in i could see the grooves it left in my boilie ( which i now boil really hard after encountering them on the Loddon ) I've never had trouble from them before or since, how much longer though ? As far as ...... Faceache goes, I can't understand some peoples issue with it !!!! you can choose the groups you wish to visit or contribute to, you can choose what you wish to put on your own page, or any you visit, if you don't like what you see in a group don't go there simple, you don't have to chat fishing, you can just chat with old mates, family friends etc, etc, i get the feeling some have just gone on it seen something they don't like and have then formed an opinion instead of finding out more, I like it.... but one mans food is another mans poison i guess ! :rolleyes:
For me itā€™s a little more than that, Iā€™m of that age that was there and involved when FB first case around and the shift from MSN to MySpace and then obviously to FB. I deleted my account about 11 years ago, it had started to become a bit of a monster. It creates or created for me issues with real life. I genuinely do not miss it and many people my age are turning away from it or finding themselves engaging less for these reasons and the way that the whole thing works, itā€™s designed to create controversy and argument, thatā€™s not a conspiracy itā€™s literally how itā€™s programmed.

Much the same as any form of social media Stephen, if you want agro and argument, it's easy to find it's not difficult, i have no such problems with it, though i've seen it, i ignore it, if you put people together on social media, or in person who have differing views on whatever subject sooner or later debate will turn into heated argument or worse ! Whether you participate is entirely your choice, Would you sit by a fire and enjoy the warmth, or get too close and let it burn you !

Much the same as any form of social media Stephen, if you want agro and argument, it's easy to find it's not difficult, i have no such problems with it, though i've seen it, i ignore it, if you put people together on social media, or in person who have differing views on whatever subject sooner or later debate will turn into heated argument or worse ! Whether you participate is entirely your choice, Would you sit by a fire and enjoy the warmth, or get too close and let it burn you !
Very true but itā€™s the fact the very basis of how it works thatā€™s problematic, thereā€™s been more than enough press coverage of the sketchy ways it works to keep you engaged.
It obviously works for you, thatā€™s fine, it doesnā€™t for me and itā€™s not simply because I donā€™t understand it, itā€™s the understanding of it that took me off it. Itā€™s not inherently evil or anything like that but itā€™s certainly not an innocent tool to communicate with as many still believe.

I've found that since Facebook stopped me and everyone else I presume seeing all my contacts posts, a few of the more shall I say 'delicate' ones seem to take it personal that I don't comment any more. This itself causes problems as people think they are being ignored.
To be honest these days I just use Facebook to keep in touch with a couple of groups I'm interested in and never post anything personal on there.

Facebook tips ... or how I do it anyway.... only post things that you donā€™t mind the whole world seeing, same with your profile info about yourself, only visit groups you enjoy interacting with, set your privacy settings ( bearing in mind the above ) to the level of privacy you deem appropriate for you, if you do all that you should have a trouble free experience, but if itā€™s not for you, then just donā€™t use it, itā€™s really no different to using this site !

Back