• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fluorocarbon Hooklinks?

It seems to work better with an out turned eyed hook this gives a straight pull through the eye instead of over the eye...

Stuart are you using an albright knot with your combi rig?

Are you guys using the fluoro knotless knotted for the hair rig or whipping on a braid hair? I found that some fluoro broke quite easily over the hook eye when using a straight or inturned eyed hook....Wont be using those low diameter materials anymore...

Never had a problem , I use Korda IQ2 .
Drennan continental Boilie Hook ( Out turned eye ) Knotless knot and make sure the first turn of the whipping is on the opposite side to the eye closure .

John, I use it in 10 and 12lb
KK to the hook and palomar to a swivel

I use iQ for Carp but whip on a braid or fine mono hair as I like the movement and find the iQ a bit stiff straight through

Thanks for that Rob, im going to give the trilene a serious go, it looks good and seems softish....

As mentioned the right knot tied properly makes a huge difference with some Fluoros breaking too easily.

Ta

Brian

I have been using Korda IQ2 and have had no problems yet. A friend uses nothing put Preston Power Line due to its low diameter to breaking strain and swears by it.

Sorry John Cook I logged off shortly after posting. Yes I do use an Albright knot for joining the two together and normally tie the rigs in advance at home as the knot can be a pain to do.

Another vote for the Kryston Incognito, have been using it for years for my carp fishing and am now using it for barbel, no problems at all with it to date.

No problem Stuart, I know what you mean a knot that can be a bit of a pain and one you have to tie correct....I also tend to tie all my hooklinks at home.

with you there with the kryston incognito but tied as a combi rig with braid tied to the hook

i have said this before but in case some dont know if you pull the flurocarbon through your finger and thumb a few times this softens up the fluro line quite dramatically and leaves it a lot limper:)

Behave Neil you know its not fluoro:D

Back