• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flask

Expensive but worth every penny as it stays hot is the yeti stuff will be hot all day and really lasts had mine 3 years no deteriation at all easy to clean etc multiple cap options.

This subject comes up now and again on my other forums.And the Thermos King flask is always highly recommended.
I bought one last year,and can say it’s the best flask I’ve used.I only put boiling water in,and take 3 in 1 coffee.What’s left when I get home is always still very hot.
Not sure if they do a 1lt. though,mine is 1.2lt.
Another shout for the Thermos King. Also use the handle less tumbler of the same range both on the bank and in the car to and from the venue. I only fill mine with boiling water ,half a dozen teabags and a small bottle of milk sees me enjoying fresh tea throughout the session. Any water left due to an amazing session 🤣is often too hot to poor over your hand the next morning. My fishing buddies were soon convinced and have one each. Oddly Sainsbury’s have had the 1.2L one for £16 on several occasions but continued to sell them after at the normal price🤔.

Another shout for the Thermos King. Also use the handle less tumbler of the same range both on the bank and in the car to and from the venue. I only fill mine with boiling water ,half a dozen teabags and a small bottle of milk sees me enjoying fresh tea throughout the session. Any water left due to an amazing session 🤣is often too hot to poor over your hand the next morning. My fishing buddies were soon convinced and have one each. Oddly Sainsbury’s have had the 1.2L one for £16 on several occasions but continued to sell them after at the normal price🤔.
I have a 1.2 l Stanley I bought in America , the bullet one , hard to get in your bag being tall , also it’s a bit battered

Actually mine is 1.32 L so 1.2 maybe smaller in size

I have a 1.2 l Stanley I bought in America , the bullet one , hard to get in your bag being tall , also it’s a bit battered
You have one of the better Stanley ones if you bought it in America.The other forum reviews put the Stanley right up there with the best.
But production was moved to somewhere in Asia and the quality went down hill.So I’m told.

I have the thermos king flasks and they are great. I would definitely recommend. However, I've just moved over to a lightweight stove set up which has proved ideal over the colder months. You get a little extra bonus warmth and something else to think about whilst blanking. I have an alpkit meths stove and mug that you can cook with. Stove here mug here, the stove fits conveniently inside the mug. Both were heavily discounted when i got them and the mug is crazy money at the moment but this mug here looks similar.

20230415_122039.jpg

20230415_122502.jpg

20230415_122252.jpg

I had to smile when I read this thread. Years ago I watched "Passion for Angling" (didn't we all!) and in one episode Chris Yates was using a Kelly Kettle. I thought to myself "I have to get one of those". I took it on my annual barbel fishing trip with my mates. I never heard the last of it! I asked for a supply of dry twigs to keep it going and was brought huge logs and branches of trees. I boiled water for about 2 cups of tea before having to start the whole process again! Now every year I go on the annual trip I'm asked "Where's the Kelly Kettle then?" 😂

Have had one of these for a few years totally reliable does stain easily inside though.
Also have a couple of the kleen kanteen insulated bottles these are great for evening trips as come in various sizes but do require standing up as can leak.

Have had one of these for a few years totally reliable does stain easily inside though.
Also have a couple of the kleen kanteen insulated bottles these are great for evening trips as come in various sizes but do require standing up as can leak.
That does look good.A handy size too.I’d have to look for it on offer though.😄

Got the thermos king. Always fill it with a pot of coffee with coffee mate so I don’t cool it down at all with milk. Also I fill it with boiling water while I’m waiting for the coffee to finish. Will stay hot 24 hours as long as you have so much left in it. If you save a cup for the morning it will probably be cold

if its only for about 12 hours there is absolutely NO NEED for overkill trust me keeps water really hot for tea for 12 hours ASDA £13.50

Thermos Thermocafé Stainless Steel Hammertone Flask​

Last edited:
Back