• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishy New Year Resolutions

Graham Tremble

Hi Guys,
A happy and Healthy New Year to all,šŸ‘
last close season I scouted out several areas to fish that accommodated my ā€˜special needsā€™ā€¦.short walks, safe banks, night fishing, quiet and barbel present!
I didnā€™t fish once last season as a series ā€˜issuesā€™ afflicted myself and ā€˜er indoorsā€™. This year I would like that scenario to change! So going forward, good luck to all and have a ā€˜good unā€™,
G.T.

Hi Guys,
A happy and Healthy New Year to all,šŸ‘
last close season I scouted out several areas to fish that accommodated my ā€˜special needsā€™ā€¦.short walks, safe banks, night fishing, quiet and barbel present!
I didnā€™t fish once last season as a series ā€˜issuesā€™ afflicted myself and ā€˜er indoorsā€™. This year I would like that scenario to change! So going forward, good luck to all and have a ā€˜good unā€™,
G.T.
Good luck Graham. Mine will be to spend more time floatfishing on the rivers

Almost a ā€œdittoā€ to Derekā€™s post, but with my young son on the bank rather than my younger brother (although that wouldnā€™t be a bad thing either).

In terms of fishy-wishy lists, a double-figured barbel on float and centrepin from a Yorkshire river would be up there, but I wonā€™t be chasing it wildly. An upper double carp on float would also be good šŸ‘šŸ» šŸ˜Š

Hoping for some settled weather , both the estuary i fish and the tidal have took a battering that seems like forever, and no matter what direction i am sat under my umbrella on the humber i tend to get piss wet through as the nice window weather becomes a blowing hooley soak fest from all directions .

Back