• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing prolific Rivers

Alan Andrews

Fished the on the river wye yesterday 10 barbel between 7 and 8 pounds and 15 chub to 5lb 1oz from first light to 15.30 I dont want to sound ungreatful
or a dickhead is this a red letter day or to much to easy after all. All i did was to cast a pellet feeder to the far bank or would 1or 2 fish that i really had to work for been more rewarding.In this day every body wanting more and wanting it now I dont know Ive been fishing for 50 years so perhaps im just a miserable old git.
Alan:confused:
ps excuse the spelling grammer

i know what you mean Alan, the Wye is my local and some days it does seen too easy, its not always like that mind. I find myself doing less and less on the Wye now but its always nice to go back after struggling else where. I get much more satisfaction from 1 or 2 fish off the Teme/Bristol Avon etc now. Well done on the catch though.

I men,

Take the good days with the bad. Everyone gets something different from angling , you will get someone who will come on and say that a stalked barbel with a crapy old centerpin on a floppy cane rod is the way :D. Or , bivvied up on a small river with buzzers :D . Or , queing to get in the famous weir swims on the Trent with buzzer bars etc is the right way .

Truth is enjoying what you do is the right way !

You have got more to worry about than that , your football teams are bloody hopeless :p

Hatter

I always find that the Wye to me is the shot in the arm I need when things are poor on my local. Its not always guaranteed to catch but the likelihood is that you will. Its always nice to have your confidence boosted.

I was there Mark probably fishing further down when you popped in. Just the one barbel for me until the BBQ beckoned and the sun got a bit too warm mid afternoon and made a start on some lovely cold cans of lager great event.

Hi men,

Sorry Clive , was looking out for people I know, but we had the dog as well , another time , perhaps next time.

Hatter

Must be some sort of typo - Hatter said :

"You have got more to worry about than that , your football teams are bloody hopeless "

.....From a Hatter?!!!

Regards

Paul aka 'The Lurker'

I men,

Take the good days with the bad. Everyone gets something different from angling , you will get someone who will come on and say that a stalked barbel with a crapy old centerpin on a floppy cane rod is the way :D. Or , bivvied up on a small river with buzzers :D . Or , queing to get in the famous weir swims on the Trent with buzzer bars etc is the right way .

Truth is enjoying what you do is the right way !

You have got more to worry about than that , your football teams are bloody hopeless :p

Hatter
Oi! Mark:(
All very well if Alan's a Gas Head:) But to include the mighty City as bloody hopeless as well, I can only assume you have to watch ****:) which has distorted your view on footy quality.:D
Edit
Just noticed Alan is a City lad:)
And I know what you mean about the Wye, it's hauling as opposed to fishing

come om lads were loosing the thread again, keep the footie to the social pages.

as for the wye catch, i say fair play to you enjoy it, some of the lads on here have to make do do with just the odd fish now & again. its not gong to happen every day so bask in the sunshine of a bl**dy good day. now you can sit back & have a go at the big-uns.

Agree with Clive, after 3 years of struggling on the Bristol Avon - the Wye is a fantastic place for a top up! Come Sept when the hordes have moved on from the BA, the Wye will be put to one side and my focus will start again on the BA.

Fished the on the river wye yesterday 10 barbel between 7 and 8 pounds and 15 chub to 5lb 1oz from first light to 15.30 I dont want to sound ungreatful
or a dickhead is this a red letter day or to much to easy after all. All i did was to cast a pellet feeder to the far bank or would 1or 2 fish that i really had to work for been more rewarding.In this day every body wanting more and wanting it now I dont know Ive been fishing for 50 years so perhaps im just a miserable old git.
Alan:confused:
ps excuse the spelling grammer

If its blanks you want then join me for a day, its not always easy for sure

Let me think, do I prefer catching a load of fish or blanking? Duh!;):D
There seems to be a few anglers that are keen to tell us how many blanks they've had, particularly prevalent on the carp scene. It seems to be a badge of honour, look how dedicated and hardcore I am. Don't get me wrong, I have my share of blanks, sometimes it's inevetable. However, I view every one as a failure and it's not something I'm going to shout from the rooftops. On the flip side, I tend not to say a great deal about my successes either.

Isn't this all relative chaps to where you choose to dangle. Not sure I subscribe to the theory of blanking as a badge of honour, some of the guys enjoy targeting big fish from hard waters, eg Thames, Lower Severn, (et al) and like to report progress, or not, as the case may be. It's always good to hear how others are getting on. I agree with what was said before, some waters can provide a 'shot in the arm' when you want an easier proposition, just like carp fishing, it's no different.

Tie em tight :)

Ian

Back