• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fish killer - a surprising culprit, you say?

mike hodgkiss, they,ll eat salmon when the salmon run, in fact they,ll eat pretty uch anything but all i was trying to do or say was all about releasing animals ect without thinking about long term effects of that act, wolves were an example, who in their right mind would want wolves returning to the wild in the uk, it was just an observation and example was all.

Mike Wilson is the most genuine, accomplished angler most of us will ever meet.

A gentleman too boot.

I'm proud to call him a friend. However he recognises an oft wrong idiot when he needs.

Graham, no one is doubting Mike is a genuine nice guy, but he,s just asked Andy to pull the plug on the site, because he doesn't like a particular thread. Its like watching something cr@p on the telly, if you don,t like it, just change channels. :)

Talking of wolves, here,s a proper scary one :D:D:D

wolfie.jpg

Only joking wolfie, in case your looking in. :D:)

WOW! What a great sentence from Anthony P.

" The danger is that by worrying too much about the future and living too much in the past, we then waste our time in the present. "

Can someone who knows what they're doing, please arrange a winter fish-in. :) I,ll offer a prize of £100 to the first person who lands an otter on garlic spam. :eek::D;):p:)

mike hodgkiss, they,ll eat salmon when the salmon run, in fact they,ll eat pretty uch anything but all i was trying to do or say was all about releasing animals ect without thinking about long term effects of that act, wolves were an example, who in their right mind would want wolves returning to the wild in the uk, it was just an observation and example was all.

You said yourself John regarding wild Boar in the Forest of Dean, they are prolific, perhaps a few Wolves would thin out the population? Can you imagine what it would do for the area? It would certainly add a new dimension to fishing into dark, worth a go.

Graham, no one is doubting Mike is a genuine nice guy, but he,s just asked Andy to pull the plug on the site, because he doesn't like a particular thread. Its like watching something cr@p on the telly, if you don,t like it, just change channels. :)

Talking of wolves, here,s a proper scary one :D:D:D

wolfie.jpg

Only joking wolfie, in case your looking in. :D:)

WOW! What a great sentence from Anthony P.

" The danger is that by worrying too much about the future and living too much in the past, we then waste our time in the present. "

Can someone who knows what they're doing, please arrange a winter fish-in. :) I,ll offer a prize of £100 to the first person who lands an otter on garlic spam. :eek::D;):p:)
attachment.php

And here's another Wolf :eek:

Attachments

• Steve W.jpg
    Steve W.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 176
I reckon despite the meaning of life not being answered on this thread yet(it's been close) there as been a good plan put together on one side we have the likes of good old mr Walker who would just kill everything predatory and on the other the likes of mr Smart...,, who would supply the animals for the killing,

So between them they have helped each in coming to a compromise on predation that they will both be happy with:D

Fair enough John , my comment was intended to be light hearted , I know wolves will eat virtually anything including , if pushed an Otter! . As for reintroduction of wolves , mad idea the habitat, is very different from when they last roamed this land plus there are a lot more cars around now . They would eat the sheep and the farmers would just blow them away anyway , wouldn't last 5 mins

like i said before Mike H, i only brought the wolf thing up to show the same sort of mentality as the otter bit mate, no more no less and damn sure nothing personal aimed at anybody, yes they are probably the biggest danger to our big fish stocks than anything, we know how long barbel take to grow to breeding age, no bigguns no littluns that simple
i haven,t picked up a shotgun since i caught deflected no 6 what caught me in the eye and left me stuck in hospital for over 6 weeks, i bought a very powerul bsa r10 for rats and stuff but felt sorry for the fox what rips our rubbish bags open but wouldn,t feel sorry for anything what threatens the end of something i have loved doing for over 60 years now.

Mike/John I for one would be interested in a scientifically managed re-introduction of the wolf in Scotland - they will never roam loose; the land may have changed but of course it can be changed again...the issue is 'right to roam' but let's not open that can of worms.

Mike/John I for one would be interested in a scientifically managed re-introduction of the wolf in Scotland - they will never roam loose; the land may have changed but of course it can be changed again...the issue is 'right to roam' but let's not open that can of worms.

No pull the ring pull on that can of worms it's relevant to this debate . If wolves are to be re introduced in a confined area I am not sure of the purpose of that unless it was with a view to letting them roam freely should they thrive

Mike

The guy who wants to do this hopes to fence of 50000 acres for with two small packs, irrespective of whether he can get agreement of others, RtR may well scupper the plan before it really gets off the ground. Pity we do not have the same RtR south of the border - but then we have the farming lobby.

Back