• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

First Barbel Bliss !

Way to go Darren!!!!

You may be pleased now, but given time you will realise just what a dis-service the members of this site have done you.

You have taken up a VERY silly hobby, your friends that do not fish will never understand, girlfriends and wives (if you get that far) will never ever get it (unless you can get them into it) and a very healthy percentage of your disposable income will disappear!

From now on forget the sports car, a practical estate is the only thing to have and any spare time that you thought you had will be eaten up with obsession!

And all your clothes will end up being green!!

That said, you will meet a better class of person, scruffier but better!!:)

Tight lines mate and welcome to the madhouse!:eek:

Congrats Darren , I started out a year ago and can vouch for everything said on here except been a yorkshire lad I have avoided too much spending but given I have only fished one river then one set of rods and reels are enough though have got a couple I use for chub and other species that would be able to handle smaller rivers , My vehicle went from an astra to a vauxhall combo van !!!!

Well done, Darren. Did you do anything differently after last weeks thread, or was it about gaining the confidence to keep doing what you were doing?

Well Andy after reading all the advice on "keeping it simple " i resisted the temptation of taking a multitude of baits , rigs etc and arrived at the river with a packet of large hooks ,some plastacine and luncheon meat ! Ithen proceeded in an unrefined and crude first attempt at rolling meat (a technique that really appealed to someone that has spent a great deal of time fly fishing ) and BINGO !
personally i think i deserve a new rod ! ha ha ha :D

Back