• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

First Barbel Bliss !

Darren C Smith

After the capture of MY FIRST EVER BARBEL :)(a fine 8 and a half pounder !)id like to say a big thanks for all the great advice recieved on BFW ! ... now i know what all the fuss is about !.... MAGIC !

Yes a great feeling, you are hooked now Darren..

Nice one Darren congratulations.

Just seen this - Well done Darren, as already said you will never forget this one :D Brilliant stuff :D:D

After the capture of MY FIRST EVER BARBEL :)(a fine 8 and a half pounder !)id like to say a big thanks for all the great advice recieved on BFW ! ... now i know what all the fuss is about !.... MAGIC !

Well done, a great fish to start with. There is nothing like them!

Regards

Hugo

Well done Darren, a great feeling isn't it :D

Mind you, what this lot haven't told you is that barbel fishing should most definitely carry a health warning. In a thread a while back it was discovered that the average barbel angler (at least amongst those with the courage to put it in print:D) owned upwards of fifteen rods and as many reels....with some WAY more than that :eek:

Obviously then, if the bug bites deep, your wallet is going to end up very sick indeed :p

Cheers, Dave.

Brilliant Darren. That's a great fish to get started on. I'm sure it yanked your chain quite a bit!!!!!

Many congratulations and hopes for many many more!!

Well done, Darren. Did you do anything differently after last weeks thread, or was it about gaining the confidence to keep doing what you were doing?

Last edited:
Back