• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Feedabeads

Michael Weir

I've been using korum feedabeads. More often than not they crack, trapping my mainline. So my feeder/lead doesn't run as it should.
Which swivels/beads are you using and what, if any issues do you have?

29119FBA-F55E-4E43-9D8E-66784C605EC9.jpeg

Yeah. Then use a size 8 swivel and a link clip to attach the hooklink with a silicone sleeve over the clip
image.jpg

Rarely get tangles

I will say if you do buy the snag safe lead clips buy the small ones cause the large ones take about 10lb of pressure to release the lead where as these take about 3lb if I remember right

I will say if you do buy the snag safe lead clips buy the small ones cause the large ones take about 10lb of pressure to release the lead where as these take about 3lb if I remember right

We sell all 3 flavours of Enterprise Snag Safe here:

I use the small/standard or the new style with a Gardner Tail Rubber. I put an anti tangle sleeve on my rig that I slide up over my swivel and snood/quick change clip.
Cheers,

Andy

I find the 'new style' of Enterprise Snag Safe thingie much better, although a bit fiddlier, than the original. I don't use any 'anti-tangle' hardware as I see no need for it. I don't use swivels as I like my rigs (more accurately, my hooklength) to be adjustable.

Yes Terry, I also don't see the need for anti tangle sleeves. The weighted bead link is enough to prevent tackles. As for my cracking issue. I'm going to try a separate bead and swivel snap link. Next time I'm in a tackle shop. I will look at other brand's feedabeads too.

Yes Terry, I also don't see the need for anti tangle sleeves. The weighted bead link is enough to prevent tackles. As for my cracking issue. I'm going to try a separate bead and swivel snap link. Next time I'm in a tackle shop. I will look at other brand's feedabeads too.
I've had other (softer) running beads 'groove' and stick in the past, but the large bored Enterprise Snag Safe running beads are relatively hard, and I've not had a problem with them as yet, casting weights to ~5ozs.

I find the 'new style' of Enterprise Snag Safe thingie much better, although a bit fiddlier, than the original. I don't use any 'anti-tangle' hardware as I see no need for it. I don't use swivels as I like my rigs (more accurately, my hooklength) to be adjustable.

What do you use as your adjustable ’stop’ Terry?

What do you use as your adjustable ’stop’ Terry?

Have done for many years and never had a problem with them. One will be fine until you catch 100+ fish using one, then it just might start to 'groove' a little. But I've only had to replace one in the last 15 years, and that was probably due to having to pull for the break too many times using that particular 'stop' in my rig.

Buy the cheap as chips sea fishing beads never break can buy in black if floro is a bit load , or the excellent Gemini pulley beads.

Have done for many years and never had a problem with them. One will be fine until you catch 100+ fish using one, then it just might start to 'groove' a little. But I've only had to replace one in the last 15 years, and that was probably due to having to pull for the break too many times using that particular 'stop' in my rig.

Thanks Terry - I've just ordered some stock for the BFW shop. They look good...

Thanks Terry - I've just ordered some stock for the BFW shop. They look good...
For casting up to 2oz you only need to thread line up the hole at one end of the black 'bar', and down at the other end. For casting ~4-5oz you only need to thread line up the hole at one end, then up the hole at the other end. I've never found a need to feed the line up, down, then up, down again as is suggested. But maybe that might be necessary for casting 5oz+ long distances. I find they only slip when your lead is snagged, but that's not a problem. The great thing is that, whilst easily adjustable, they don't crimp your line. If you have to pull for a break it very rarely breaks there.

I've used a mixture of the Korum beads (the one piece green ones being better than the older blue/black ones) and more recently Drennan Clip Beads. Although I found out yesterday these can snap when pulling for a break, of which I had to do many times yesterday on a flooded Yorkshire Ouse 🙄😂😂😂

Ho do you go about using a hair rig with these? I’m assuming you’re fishing straight through so do you just use bait bands if you want a hair?

Ho do you go about using a hair rig with these? I’m assuming you’re fishing straight through so do you just use bait bands if you want a hair?

Its easy to whip a hair onto a hook so as you can fish your mainline straight through. Just do a normal knotless knot and then tie it off round the shank with a few granny knots. There is probably a proper knot but this is what I have done for years.

ATB

Back