• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Facebook vs B.F.W

So how about we say i caught a 16lb barbel from the Leeds and Liverpool canal and another at 13lb at 5 rise locks- some creative photshopping and they will all be off to leave us in peace :D

Coz everyone knows that 16lb plus Barbel are way above the locks:confused:

Stephen

I can understand Dazza's view a bit, (and he's a great lad) but things do move on.

BFW was a rather smallish group at one time. And it was lots of fun with some great banter and a bit of falling out to enjoy or annoy.

I would strongly suggest some of the newer members have a look back at some of the very old threads, such as the Oldies vs Kiddies ones and many of the BFW Fish-Ins from times past to get a flavour. For sure, much more detail was put into the river reports as well. But times change.

Many members have experienced their own enjoyment marred by others who lurk but don't want to contribute I'm afraid.

I am lucky to have fished with pretty much most of the early members, and very many of the current ones. BFW is great but common sense always needs to come first to protect your own enjoyment. Sensible not selfish.

Facebook Twitter et al. I don't have enough time for it. Once my lad who is the least gregarious person I know told me he had 200 "friends" in the first week I knew it was not for me......can't keep enough in touch with the real life ones!!!

Anyway. Got to write the next Barbarpping part 2 to put something back..

Graham.

Trouble is Graham, is that the majority don't want to do the fish ins and the leg work, and are only interested in the instant gratification side of things. And then they come on BFW and post their photo and story and take the plaudits and it drives them to do it more. I was one of the posters of many years ago, and the stretches we were fishing and posting on were slaughtered. People were recognised and followed. Photos were analysed for locations.
There was even a stretch that we used to fish that was devoid of people. I mean that no one was fishing it at all. We'd baited and fished and been patient for a couple of years with the area, and it was just starting to turn on with some good fish coming out. And guess what? We turn up after a few posts, and couldn't find a swim on the stretch!!! We ended up moving to another stretch, and that was pretty much the end of the in depth posts.

Now i'm sorry if someone hasn't got the time to put that much in. Be happy with accepting not that much out. I don't mind helping anyone, any time. But i'm afraid that no one is going to take advantage of my good nature in some aspects ever again. I work, i play. I catch on my own efforts.

By the way, never been on twitter, facebook or anything else. Probably for the same reasons above!!

Oi Scuba!!! You haven't got any friends!!! :eek:

Learned the hard way what can happen when you publicise catches. It's not a mistake that I'll make twice.

Back