• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Facebook Marketplace

Alan Rose

Senior Member & Supporter
Evening all,

I found a rod I was looking for on FB marketplace from a seller with an apparently well established profile (2007). Agreed postage and paid via PayPal items and services for security. That was Wednesday. Messaged Friday to ask when it would be posted and had profuse apology and told it will be Monday. Messaged lunchtime today to ask if it was all going ahead- nada.

So, how long do I leave it before I activate the tedious procedure of reporting and requesting refund with PayPal?

If you are feeling glittery Alan I’d start it now. There’s a time limit allowed for PayPal to contact the seller and for them to respond. If the rod turns up you can always cancel the case.

If you are feeling glittery Alan I’d start it now. There’s a time limit allowed for PayPal to contact the seller and for them to respond. If the rod turns up you can always cancel the case.
Thanks Bill, as I said to Kevin, I have had a reply so I will give it another day or so. It's a minefield compared to eBay, and even that isn't without its issues!

No, and in fact I tried another message this evening and they've replied saying "It's all in hand- I'll send the tracking details."

I hope it works out, but at least I used Goods & Services on PayPal so I'm not going to be out of pocket.
That’s good
Usually the first sign of a scam is they block you

Hope all goes well for you.
I'll only buy local on FBMP and collect, too many horror stories to risk postage for me!
Yeah I know, I know 😖 Hence the G&S option on PayPal, but I still hate the feeling that I might've been stiffed though.

WARNING

There are Angling Direct pages On FB Market at the moment.

Amazing deals. £600 bivies for £60 etc etc.

On their Black Friday deals.

Reported

No, and in fact I tried another message this evening and they've replied saying "It's all in hand- I'll send the tracking details."

I hope it works out, but at least I used Goods & Services on PayPal so I'm not going to be out of pocket.

Have they sent you the tracking number?

Back