• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Exclusive Wye Syndicate

Adam Fisher

No Longer a Member
This is an invitation for you to register your interest in joining an exclusive syndicate on the Seven Sisters (aka Biblins) fishery, on the River Wye, Herefordshire. Flowing through a limestone gorge between Ross on Wye and Monmouth, it is arguably one of the most beautiful and unique stretches of the river Wye. Although in the height of summer it can be busy with walkers and canoeists, there are plenty of pegs available to get away from it with much of the beat being virtually unfished. All the usual Wye coarse species are present, with barbel over 12lbs and carp over 30lbs caught in recent years. There are also some good pike and large shoals of chub and dace. The beat comprises a mixture of water from islands with fast water over gravel, to deep and slow water that almost reaches a standstill, allowing you to fish a range of methods. There are excellent facilities just meters from the fishery providing good ales, food, accommodation, camping and showers/toilets.

New management wishes, with the input of you as syndicate member, to maintain the Seven Sisters as the premier coarse fishery on the river Wye.

- 2.5 miles of double bank fishing with year round vehicle access along the entire left bank. The right bank is accessible via a footbridge approx half way along the stretch.
- Vehicle access to the fishery is gated and padlocked, in a very secure environment - all under new management with the Forestry Commission.
- All members will be provided with photo ID cards.
- Members will be able to purchase a number of guest passes per season.
- Bailiffs present daily.
- No night fishing.

The cost of annual membership is TBC dependant on numbers (max 50). Please register your interest by sending me a PM - you will be contacted in due course to confirm the application process.

Thanks to BFW for permission to post this.

Adam

*****NOTICE*****

Thank you all for your interest so far. From 11am on 23/3/13 please send further EOI to adam.fisher1@btopenworld.com - my inbox here is one message away from full.

By the end of next week we will disclose the cost to join and invite you from there to post your application. We will be accepting members on a first come first served basis. This will be firstly from the pm/email list here and then as they are received through the post. We are receiving enquiries from outside of BFW too. Once the rod limit is reached, remaining applications will be placed on a waiting list.

Last edited:
Adam,

Definitely interested in this opportunity. Please put my name down.

Many thanks

Daniel Potter

An invitation to register,.............................................................................. or an invitation to be selected, usually the latter on the wye stretches, the wye and usk are at outrageous prices for a day ticket, god knows what they want a year for this "syndicate" when you could join ross or hdaa. Still nice surroundings.....

Adam,

PM sent. Only problem is that no one here will want to belong to a syndicate that has me as a member so please ignore ant PM's you get before mine..................just the two of us then, mmmmm cozy........

*****NOTICE*****

Thank you all for your interest so far. Please send further EOI to adam.fisher1@btopenworld.com - my inbox here is one message away from full.

By the end of next week we will disclose the cost to join and invite you from there to post your application. We will be accepting members on a first come first served basis. This will be firstly from the pm/email list here and then as they are received through the post. We are receiving enquiries from outside of BFW too. Once the rod limit is reached, remaining applications will be placed on a waiting list.

Adam

Last edited:
*****NOTICE*****

Thank you all for your interest so far. Please send further EOI to adam.fisher1@btopenworld.com - my inbox here is one message away from full.

Adam

Surely if you have an idea of numbers that you want you can sort monies out by that, seems to sound a little wrong to me, surely if its first come first served it would have closed by now. No thank you it stinks of pie and rusk politics if you please.:(

Indeed what is the problem. Would you like them to offer it to you for free Patrick. At the end of the day it's a business and I'm sure they would like to select the members and make as much profit as they can.

It strikes me that people want something for nothing judging by certain replies to this and the lone angler post

If you don't want it don't buy it. Simples. But don't knock people for trying to run a business. It is the way of the world.

The problem is their offering the syndicate but are waiting to see how many join to gauge the costing, now mention exclusive syndicate and you will have it full before you know it. What Im trying to educate you with is that the syndicate will be full, so therefore why isnt there a rough guide to the cost posted??

I cant make it any simpler than that Im afraid unless i use hand puppets.

The problem is their offering the syndicate but are waiting to see how many join to gauge the costing, now mention exclusive syndicate and you will have it full before you know it. What Im trying to educate you with is that the syndicate will be full, so therefore why isnt there a rough guide to the cost posted??

So what? People will indicate interest, if the cost when known is prohibitive or not seen to present value they will not join. Really can't see what your problem is? Personal grudge with Adam or Wye and Usk maybe?

So what? People will indicate interest, if the cost when known is prohibitive or not seen to present value they will not join. Really can't see what your problem is? Personal grudge with Adam or Wye and Usk maybe?

That's true, the option is to buy or not to buy, considering the location it is not gonna be cheap, but at £20-25 a pop on the WUF that's not cheap either.

Days spent on the Wye = priceless.

Yes indeed we are gauging costing - what's the problem with that? To be honest we haven't decided how many people to limit the syndicate to yet because we have no idea what the popularity will be! It's simple maths and I can't make that any simpler with or without hand puppets!

The other name for it is market research - you're obviously not a business man. We have no idea how popular this syndicate will be, and the best way to work out how popular it might be is not to alienate anyone by offering a price that might at first impression rule them out.

Interesting if it is a personal grudge, and one I wasn't aware of, therefore it's all pretty pointless and full of slander as usual.

I dont know Adam from erm.....Adam, the W&UF has some beautiful stretches but I think its to pricey I pay what a day ticket is for a whole years fishing on my syndicate. Sorry for having an opinion:eek:

I dont know Adam from erm.....Adam, the W&UF has some beautiful stretches but I think its to pricey I pay what a day ticket is for a whole years fishing on my syndicate. Sorry for having an opinion:eek:

If those prices weren't charged the OWNERS wouldn't let anyone fish their stretches - when are you going to understand how WUF prices work? Is your syndicate on the Wye?

Back