• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EE,s fishing the river in closed season!!!

"I'm not a Far Right racist ... some of my best friends are Far Right racists ... it's just that I like my curry ... which everybody knows is Britain's National Dish and was invented in Bradford..."

EDL-Bradford-007.jpg

Thinks: "Right. That should get them going..."

Looks like that bloke is yawning. Maybe he's read it all before!

Just a patriot, Jim, one of those fellas who can't do thinking, walking and talking (drinking not a problem) at the same time. Lot of them about.

And you are getting personal again, David Gauntlett. Note: I never do.

The obvious and unmissable meaning of your sometimes (often?) offensive posts are there for all to see Paul, and usually VERY personal when you attach your favourite 'picture of the week' to a quote of another persons comments. Splitting hairs will get you nowhere dear boy :p

Cheers, Dave.

Pity they don't target the chalk streams down South, something would then happen

They do Jim.

As do the indigenous population.

Regarding people's knowledge of the close season, we are now up to 14 anglers who have turned up to fish the Royalty since March 15th some of which have been local club members. :eek:

Hi men,

British waterways have tried very hard to stop these EE,s taking the carp in my area , by removing every fish holding tree , bush , willow abover Leighton towards Tring . They have also " improved " the Aylesbury arm :mad: no end . Clowns with chainsaws.

Hatter

Hi men,

British waterways have tried very hard to stop these EE,s taking the carp in my area , by removing every fish holding tree , bush , willow abover Leighton towards Tring . They have also " improved " the Aylesbury arm :mad: no end . Clowns with chainsaws.

Hatter

It's an odd thing Mark, every time you get a bunch of men who have the power to use chainsaws where necessary (be they club officials or whatever) then sooner or later, the lust to exercise that power and wield there 'boys toys' will take over....and 'chainsaw massacre' will occur. Every club I have ever been in has suffered dreadfully from this syndrome, and all these trusts and other bodies are just as bad....don't even mention the EA flood prevention division :mad:

The day chain saws were invented was a sad day indeed for angling in general.

Cheers, Dave.

Do Polish anglers ever blank? I've tried for years to empty a stretch without much success :)

Do Polish anglers ever blank? I've tried for years to empty a stretch without much success :)

That may be because you only fish in a legal, regulated manner Lee...a manner we as a nation find acceptable, and our clubs insist upon. Were you out to catch fish, ANY fish, to eat or sell, you would not be so caring or choosy about your methods. Were you to leave staked set night lines, employ traps and and gangs with long nets, use evil snagging or snatching tackle with huge trebles etc., etc....you may just manage it eventually :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

That may be because you only fish in a legal, regulated manner Lee...a manner we as a nation find acceptable, and our clubs insist upon. Were you out to catch fish, ANY fish, to eat or sell, you would not be so caring or choosy about your methods. Were you to leave staked set night lines, employ traps and and gangs with long nets, use evil snagging or snatching tackle with huge trebles etc., etc....you may just manage it eventually :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Spot on. I'm sure that the EEs are watching the Barbel Handling clip right now.

No that's too backward thinking this will be the next instruction video to come out.

Dynamite fishing - YouTube

Probably already been done here Adam, in the more remote areas. What those in denial refuse to recognise is that many of these guys (as with our own resident gangs of salmon poachers) are NOT anglers keeping the 'odd one for the pot'. Some of these guys are not even anglers at all, they are merely individuals or gangs catching fish by any means possible, for commercial gain.

Cheers, Dave.

Back