• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ebay scammer

i have never had a roblem in the 3 times i asked pay pal for my money back
because goods were not received, no problems with pay pal, two good things with pay pal is 1,they will reimburse you, 2,if receiving payment for goods of substancial amounts then you dont get worries of being robbed or mugged

As a long term eBay and PayPal user from both sides my own opinion is that PayPal and eBay are too heavily biased in favour of buyers.

I generally check feedback and avoid rogues so I have had little problem with sellers. However, there is little as a seller I can do to protect myself from unknown rogue buyers and I have a long list of blocked bidders going back over the last 10 years to whom I have lost time and money.

Regards,
Stephen

Last edited:
As a long term eBay and PayPal user from both sides my own opinion is that PayPal and eBay are too heavily biased in favour of buyers.
Regards,
Stephen

Stephen,

I totally agree with you, their so call "dispute resolution" team always come down on the side of the buyer even when the buyer is unable to present any evidence that the goods received were not as described when sent.

I used to sell AA batteries at a 99p start price for a pack of10. I had sold about 100 packs with all +ive feedback until some woman left me two -ive feedbacks in as many days after trying to use them in a digital camera, despite the description stating 'not suitable for digital cameras'. She had bought one lot then a few days later she bought another one, I later found out she was selling the same batteries and left the -ive deliberately to wipe out a competitor.
My conclusion is the world is full of d!ckheads but you meet a whole new class of them on ebay; buyers and sellers alike.
I complained to ebay but I never even got an acknowledgment of the complaint.

The outcome is I now have a lifetime supply of batteries for my portable radio.

I used to sell AA batteries at a 99p start price for a pack of10. I had sold about 100 packs with all +ive feedback until some woman left me two -ive feedbacks in as many days after trying to use them in a digital camera, despite the description stating 'not suitable for digital cameras'. She had bought one lot then a few days later she bought another one, I later found out she was selling the same batteries and left the -ive deliberately to wipe out a competitor.
My conclusion is the world is full of d!ckheads but you meet a whole new class of them on ebay; buyers and sellers alike.
I complained to ebay but I never even got an acknowledgment of the complaint.

The outcome is I now have a lifetime supply of batteries for my portable radio.

Pitty the shelf life means that they won't last a lifetime then Ade :D

Cheers, Dave.

The thing is you can't please all the people all the time and a small percentage of negative feedback is likely for even the best of sellers. Thus, it is unlikely to put off most eBayers, especially for low value items.

For higher value items it is prudent to check and read the feedback, good, bad and indifferent, plus the nature of previous sales and possibly purchases too. Certain listings can raise the alarm with poor photos, scant descriptions and I smell a rat I'll leave those "bargains" well alone.

One can protect oneself in various ways as a buyer and I have always been confident in PayPal in this respect due to my experiences as a seller! Otherwise, for local items one can collect and pay cash, especially if one isn't 100% sure of the seller or the item.

Happy bidding!

Stephen

Pitty the shelf life means that they won't last a lifetime then Ade :D

Cheers, Dave.

Shelf life on batteries is a movable feast, so long as they are kept in a stable temperature (a north facing room and away from radiators is good) the shelf life on modern batteries can be extended almost indefinitely.

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the explanatory post. I agree it is a real shame that the warning as to this vendor and his multiple eBay accounts has been removed. Most of us use eBay and it would be nice to know of those who have had real problems such as losing money from vendors.

Surely it could it have been possible to edit the post naming the individual and leave a post in the thread that he should not be named publicly if that was the concern?

I take it the person named was not a member here? That said, he certainly seems to be well know to members here who have contacted him to provide an explanation or else sort the problems out.

Personally I believe innocent before proven guilty and have just sought to provide facts as to eBay sales and sellers as I have found them. Also, I am for redemption rather than punishment and I would prefer to see the person put right what certainly seems to be wrong or else someone help them do it.

All the best,
Stephen
Job Centre Plus' - Bogus Jobs Scam (+ they knew about it - Innocent People Scammed) - YouTube

Incredible isn't it Dave? The job centre advertising jobs on ebay that they know were dodgy, to say the least :eek: This country has now followed America into a world of endless scams, crime and corruption, on every level from the man on the street to the very top. There has always been a degree of this, of course there has...it is just that now it has reached the level where you can trust absolutely no one. Even entities and institutions that you could always trust in the past are now part of it.

Sitting and watching the news on the box now is like watching a soap dreamt up by a schizophrenic scriptwriter...on virtually a daily basis now another case of corruption in the police/government/big business is exposed, and if it's not that it's muggings and street crime involving ever escalating brutality and violence.

What frightens me most is what will happen to my wife and family if I pop my clogs. My wife is the most gullible person I have ever met, and cost us a fortune until I clamped down hard, but even now she is open to every con going if I let it happen. My once married daughter I thought had learned the hard way, but amazingly seems little the wiser for it.

I really feel saddened by it all, the astounding numbers of little old ladies and in fact trusting, elderly folk of all types being ripped off daily, stunned because their life savings just disappeared into the bank account of one or another of these new age scumbags...purely because they were innocent enough to trust the 'nice man' who called, left destitute and traumatised as a result.

Still, never mind. I expect I will now be told that nothing has changed, it was always like that, stop being paranoid....and equally irrational, ill informed garbage of that nature...usually by the same folk who think ripping people off on ebay or whatever is a 'bit of a laugh'....not really crime at all :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Perspective please Dave you sound as though this is the 'norm', it isn't, and then you use the Little Old Lady thing to really drive home the point that this country is really gone to the dogs, well it hasn't, that might be news to you but of course if you really only want to suck up all the negatives then I don't blame you for thinking that way.

Come on Lad cheer up....go fishing or summat :)

Perspective please Dave you sound as though this is the 'norm', it isn't, and then you use the Little Old Lady thing to really drive home the point that this country is really gone to the dogs, well it hasn't, that might be news to you but of course if you really only want to suck up all the negatives then I don't blame you for thinking that way.

Im sure he writes for the daily mail!

I did go fishing Neil...and caught a couple, which were very welcome...but that didn't make what I was saying any less true.

I just don't understand your assertion that the serious problems mentioned in my post were not the 'norm'....in what respect were they not the 'norm'? Unless you live in a different world to the rest of us, then you must surely have seen the almost daily news reports coming out for years now of government corruption...MP's have been going to prison for fraud for gods sake Neil, or are being forced to resign under a cloud for bribery and every other form of corruption you can imagine. How often does it have to happen before in your mind, it is now becoming the 'norm' Neil?

From your accusations I assume you also missed the number of police commissioners and other high ranking officers being forced to resign amid storms of allegations of wrongdoings, cover ups and corruption, with more than one of them going to prison as a result? Perhaps you didn't even notice the latest scandal involving the Stephen Lawrence murder investigation, which has been going on now for 30 years...with still more incredible corruption and wrongdoing coming to light in that case to this day. Virtually every big case these days ends in some form of investigation, revealing police failures, deliberate cover ups and misuse of their powers. This stuff IS a daily event on the news Neil. When does that reach the level of now being the 'norm' in your opinion then mate?

Perhaps the horror stories emerging of the scale of brutal ill treatment and the number of elderly folk dying in the saddest ways imaginable in the inappropriately named 'care homes' up and down the country passed you by as well? These were not isolated cases Neil....these establishments have now been investigated on a nationwide scale, with frightening results....it WAS widespread Neil. After years of sweeping it under the carpet, new laws are on the way to try to tackle it....they don't do that unless in their eyes it had become the 'norm' do they?

Did the extent of the horrifying number of NHS hospital trust patients being left to starve to death or die unnecessarily from other inhuman acts give you the slip as well mate? The very concept of care and hygiene now being considered 'an unaffordable luxury' in many hospitals, to the extent that the government has now changed the regulations governing the training of staff. Incredibly, they are now having to train nurses 'how to be caring'...words fail me on that one....perhaps you can explain it Neil? There have already been a good number of hospitals proven to be guilty of that type of unbelievable behaviour, and it is now considered that those already exposed are only the tip of the iceberg....as is the extent of the cover ups of these failings forced onto staff by top trust executives. Not the 'norm' Neil? The sand must be climbing ever higher up your neck mate, it really must.

Do I think this country has gone to the dogs, as you say? No, I don't....not yet. I still think it is the best place in the world to live. The reason I am upset is because I passionately want it to stay that way. IMO, there is a growing problem, a failure of our governments over many years to tackle the problem, because to do so is more difficult than doing nothing....leaving it for 'the next lot' to deal with is standard practice. The number of people that are trying their damndest to make this country a worse place to be in is growing daily. We really ought to be worried enough to start trying to reverse that trend Neil...recognising that there IS a growing problem would help...sand in the ears won't.

Cheers, Dave.

FFS Dave, go back out too the river bank again mate:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

I thought all politicians where scammers.................... they open their mouths and tell lies all the time, it always ends up costing me money in the long run.

Trouble is though, when they do it it is legal and there is sod all i can do about it!:eek::eek::eek:

Dave well done on catching, and I trust you have recovered well enough by now.

Of course in your reply you have highlighted such that give us all concern, but how much can we take on board and worry about day in day out. Most look at the headlines, and perhaps even delve a bit deeper, and even if there's time take in the odd Panorama, but if you really want to fuel the fire there is of course Jermy Kyle and his guests that would want most folk to give up on this world and take a one way trip to Switzerland.:rolleyes:

But you know for every wrong 'un out there there are a 100 decent types who make up the British Public at large, that's the way I see it, or I suppose you can read the Mail and consider that the 1% is the norm and barricade your doors.:)

Come on Dave, cheer up fella, your off on a flyer, consider the poor sod's that are still on a blank.:)

Back