• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ebay scammer

Stephen Bond

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the explanatory post. I agree it is a real shame that the warning as to this vendor and his multiple eBay accounts has been removed. Most of us use eBay and it would be nice to know of those who have had real problems such as losing money from vendors.

Surely it could it have been possible to edit the post naming the individual and leave a post in the thread that he should not be named publicly if that was the concern?

I take it the person named was not a member here? That said, he certainly seems to be well know to members here who have contacted him to provide an explanation or else sort the problems out.

Personally I believe innocent before proven guilty and have just sought to provide facts as to eBay sales and sellers as I have found them. Also, I am for redemption rather than punishment and I would prefer to see the person put right what certainly seems to be wrong or else someone help them do it.

All the best,
Stephen

Redemption Stephen? That may work for small scale petty crime but hardly a fitti g justice for anything serious.

Who is this life hasn't done wrong and made mistakes? Who hasn't been found out and had to admit there wrong doing, large or small?

If one hold's one's hand up and says sorry, that is the first step to redemption. However, pride will get in the way of many and they will seek self justification rather than mercy.

The law and judgement is good but it does not provide a utopian society in itself, that is self-evident.

As I stated before, I welcome the call for the vendor to explain their actions. There is another side to the story and possibly plausible explanations for what has transpired. If not, I hope then can admit there own fault and try to put the situation right.

All the best,
Stephen

Fiddling (allegedly) an internet sales site and murder, rape can't surely be helx in the same light. I know what I would do if my daughter was harmed and sayi g sorry a d admitting the crime wouldnt deter my reactions.

As a father I understand the sentiment. But still, I prefer mercy and redemption over judgement and sacrifice, whatever the situation.

Personally, wrong doing is just that. Is small scale fiddling OK but corporate fiddling not?

No rapist starts with rape as neither does the murderer with murder. It begins in the heart and grows.

If one draws a line somewhere, where should it be drawn? Who is worthy to draw such a line?

All the best,
Stephen

Surely this is quite straightforward isn't it and something that probably, on balance, shouldn't be dealt with on an open forum. There are steps that people can take if they feel that they have been subject to some level of fraud. This should include contacting eBay and then potentially the police. Presenting the facts and circumstances, and then determining what steps can be taken to deal with any consequential economic loss. I think it has been a step too far, naming who people think is behind this alleged scam or fraud and then debating what we may or may not do to this individual given the opportunity.

As a group- we have to be better than that in terms of what is discussed openly here. People should be aware of the increasing need to be vigilant and considered in what they say or comment on-be it on twitter, Facebook etc. Freedom of speech no longer works in the we would like unfortunately- well not if you want to avoid being sued that is.

The new season can't come soon enough so we can get back to talking about barbel.

Surely this is quite straightforward isn't it and something that probably, on balance, shouldn't be dealt with on an open forum>-------

-----<I think it has been a step too far, naming who people think is behind this alleged scam or fraud and then debating what we may or may not do to this individual given the opportunity.

As a group- we have to be better than that in terms of what is discussed openly here. People should be aware of the increasing need to be vigilant and considered in what they say or comment on-be it on twitter, Facebook etc. Freedom of speech no longer works in the we would like unfortunately- well not if you want to avoid being sued that is.

The thing about free speech and people running to their solicitors is a non issue in this case. The Ebay account(s) being discussed are registered to the same person and this has been verified by two people who have had dealings with him by paypal.

All I did by naming the person was point out than Mr X had these particular accounts registered; Not exactly a state secret.

I also said I was sure Mr X would have an explanation for his alleged wrongdoings.

My conscience is clear, nothing in that I can be sued for.

Last edited:
It seems to me the crimes that provoke the biggest reaction are ones that hurt an individual and I quite understand. It therefore seems to me that ones that hurt an organisation do not. I have seen things people have done and sometimes wished them luck or been in awe of an audacious act knowing my gonads are not that large as to risk the same. This sentiment is bought out in film often enough. It is unfortunate that the law and punishment are not such that justice for the people is not the way it is. Or is that not a form of anarchy/sharia law? Just dug a hole

fraud is fraud, stealing by non payment is theft, offering goods and accepting payment from buyers should be dealt with by police if the auction site wont offer repayment, tell em you will report this as a crime of theft if no communication from the vendor isnt forth coming along with goods or reimbursement of payment for item, this makes me real mad

Ebay are very much biassed towards the sellers, making things extremely difficult for buyers to get redress against dodgy sellers in real terms. The complaints procedure has improved slightly in recent years, but it is still not all it seems. This 'we have your safety in mind at all times' and other such statements are all waffle designed to give you false feelings of security and thus get you to buy. The removal of bad feedback after a period of time and a plethora of other dodgy ploys designed to help the sellers cover their tracks and get away with malpractice is a sure sign of exactly whose side Ebay are on.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
well got the money back through ebay in the end, no response from the seller..just held onto my money for the best part of four weeks..only communication i had in a reply from them was "i sent it via parcelforce will get a tracking number and get back to you in a bit" then nothing, still left suitable feedback for them i think both of there ebay accounts now would be hard to sell from with recent feedback
with regards to ebay being for the seller I totally agree, after all it makes them money if they turn a blind eye
i reported a guy selling ralph lauren gear on there once showing a nice big store shop front etc..when i contacted them to see if i could pick the item up they said they no longer had the shop but still showed it on there ebay account for some months..despite asking if it was genuine gear as i didnt want it if it was snide they said yes then sold me market junk gear..went through ebay and got no where at all..again there making money from it so why should they stop it:mad:
sadly it seem to me more and more if your going to part with serious money then it has to be pick up only and cash once you have seen it, if they want paypal before collection then something is fishey

Back