• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ebay do not bid on this rod

Shedloads of good advice in the feedback.

"Do not buy from this idiot he does not dispatch items shed100 ( 27) 27-May-13 00:46
Daiwa Theory Barbel Rod 12ft 2.25lb twin tip brand new (#140975935199) £53.00"

Strange he has a lot of good feedback dating back to 06 then recently it's gone tits up......he doesn't appear to want to part with his Daiwa theory :eek:

If you don't believe Ebay protects the sellers however bad they are, take a look at this guys negative and neutral feedback over the last twelve months. He often sends cheap copies of the advertised item, sometimes second hand items, and often doesn't send anything at all. He doesn't answer emails or complaints, just ignores them and in the end, when actions are started, ebay pay his bills. Not only that, there will be hundreds of ripped off customers who just put it down to experience, or can't be bothered/don't know how to start a complaint....and it seems he bribes/pays some off to keep his feedback as reasonable as possible.....And still they allow him to trade :mad:

eBay Feedback profile for online-fishing

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Dave is being mischievous and has highlighted all the -ive feedback, the truth is he sells over 1100 items a month and gets around 5- ive feedbacks. Tbh thats not bad.

In fact, when you consider how many complaints high street shops get it's pretty good.

eBay Feedback profile for online-fishing

not quite true Ade...he had 11000 odd sales in 12 months, not per month, but yes, it still works out at 98% feedback...which is where it a falls down for me. To carry on with your high street shop theme, in your average high street shop, you might take an item back because it doesn't fit, or you no longer like it, or there is a button missing, or some stitching come undone...but very rarely anything serious. Not only that, the shop will exchange it or give you your money back politely, without question.

Hardly any comparison then to this guy, who at times has sent cheap imitations of the item described in the add, or different colours, different sizes, different makes, things with rusty threads which are obviously second hand...you name it, this guy has tried it on. Not only that, he frequently doesn't send anything at all (obviously run out of fakes). He then ignores all emails, doesn't respond in any way, because he knows he is in the wrong, so he blatantly lets those who know how to complain go through all the rigmarole with ebay...and then may or may not get their money back. The other poor saps who are not computer savvy enough to complain, he obviously laughs all the way to the bank with their money. Apparently, for those who do somehow get to talk to him, he gets aggressive. Sounds about right. Lastly, if you count the neutral count as well (as some of those sound pretty bad) then during the last year, He has done his very best to rip nearly 200 people off . NOT a nice man.

You buy off the guy if you like Ade...I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, purely on principle. It's got nothing to do with the percentages for me, it's the dishonest con man tricks he has tried on the others...and his response (or lack of it) when caught. A thief is a thief in my book Ade. I know that has changed now...a thief is a jack the lad, bit of a rascal, good old boy who you pat on the back and buy a pint for in the pub...until he gets caught. A rather weird world we live in now, which really hits home when you try to hire a plumber/builder/electrician/car mechanic/you name it who will not at least try to rob you blind....and leave you with a bodged, half finished job...most of which didn't need doing in the first place. STILL, it keeps the world going round....or so they tell me :D I'm just too old Ade, take no notice.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Dave, the guy is selling cheap Chinese imports at the low end of the market. I believe you get what you pay for and if you are only spending beer money don't expect Champagne quality. And my figures were correct. 1184 sold, 8 -ives in a month.

This is totally different to the other bloke who is just being a git.

which really hits home when you try to hire a plumber/builder/electrician/car mechanic/you name it who will not at least try to rob you blind....and leave you with a bodged, half finished job...most of which didn't need doing in the first place.

Why does every one have a go at builders? You've been watching Melinda Messenger and her mates too much Dave :)

Too right Alex..funny how they never make a show called "Customers from hell" I could give 'em hundreds, probably our Dave's a prime candidate!

Back