• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA Close Season Consultation

Hi men,

You are a nitwit Damian , im talking about me giving the police a call about someone taking a 1lb chub , or one about the many stabbings/violence in Luton , im sure they would choose the correct option , although i think you do know that , but are just using it as a way of defending your opinion .

Hatter

It is not a way of defending my opinion because as you can see my opinion is almost purely philosophical, it is a way of highlighting some people's logic, notably yours, and how it does defy logic really. I can only think that those, and I have said this before, who put forward such an argument really do not care for the close season but have little to offer as to reasons why it should be abolished.

Sometimes it is difficult to understand what you are reading or indeed hearing, but to express that because you do not understand what someone is saying you are some higher intelligence, can just likewise be arrogance.

Kind regards
Damian

It is not a way of defending my opinion because as you can see my opinion is almost purely philosophical, it is a way of highlighting some people's logic, notably yours, and how it does defy logic really. I can only think that those, and I have said this before, who put forward such an argument really do not care for the close season but have little to offer as to reasons why it should be abolished.

Sometimes it is difficult to understand what you are reading or indeed hearing, but to express that because you do not understand what someone is saying you are some higher intelligence, can just likewise be arrogance.

Kind regards
Damian
What I believe Hatter is saying is : "The police, being understaffed and overstretched, have to prioritise their workload ... and violent incidents (e.g. a stabbing) will always trump incidents that may be judged to be a misdemeanour (poaching). There is nothing there for you to (cod)philosophise over. IMO

Probably time Mr Kimmins was called out as J.C. and dealt with accordingly. Having a different opinion is one thing (healthy debate) but simply constantly sniping and deliberately mis-understanding other posters is wearing very thin now.....
Regards,
G.T.

Probably time Mr Kimmins was called out as J.C. and dealt with accordingly. Having a different opinion is one thing (healthy debate) but simply constantly sniping and deliberately mis-understanding other posters is wearing very thin now.....
Regards,
G.T.
Graham, Damien is not JC different type of intellect all together. But how is anyone to know if anyone is deliberately misunderstanding? Surely if there is a problem, or misunderstanding it can be talked through without all this? DK has a internet profile, and is a genuine guy, the former you mentioned does not.

Last edited:
I thought it was said on here that he was not the real Paul Boote though?
Yes he did admit to having a few alias's before he pushed the eject button :eek: PB at his lucid best'/worst was entertaining to say the least. Mind you back then this place had some very long and interesting debates, as did a few other forums, some fantastic characters.

Hi men,

Nothing wrong with Damian disagreeing with my posts , i take no offence as its all just words and views on a website , and all peoples opinions are valid because everyone thinks theirs is right
20190412_121058.jpg

Off to france , the land of hippos and barbel .

Hatter

Hi men

I filled every bit of room , dont worry about that , now waiting for a ferry , and a 600 mile drive .

Hatter

Damian has been around a long time and is 100pc genuine.
I often agree with what he says.
Defending PR on a number of occasions etc.
However, when he quotes Hong Kong Fuey or someone like that he often confuses me.

Damians views are often bizarre but I have never thought them offensive. He is entertaining and it's good to have the odd puzzle to mull over!

Back