• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA Close Season Consultation

Hi men,

Nothing wrong with Damian disagreeing with my posts , i take no offence as its all just words and views on a website , and all peoples opinions are valid because everyone thinks theirs is right
View attachment 7451

Off to france , the land of hippos and barbel .

Hatter
what venue are you fishing Mark ? and hope you catch some wackers !!

Tight lines Mark,

Have you ever considered you might need a bigger vehicle...or a trailer? Packing for long-stay angling sessions is a bit of a nightmare.

Did some carping in France a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Blue skies, stunning scenery and wildlife, unknown waters with big fish and a sense of mystery and cheap wine and cheese - whats not to like? Thinking of going again this Sept.

Hope you land a few anyway.

cheers,

Joe

Last edited:
Hi men,

Im at St Pardoux , and we have had 0° for two nights , but have to be in it , sitting on my hands hoping the change in weather will put some fish in my area , but have had action .

20190414_074901.jpg

Hatter in the theatre of dreams .

Well done Mark pressure is off
its now officially a fishing trip and not a camping trip lol hope you have plenty Zigs work very well when its cold if you have any depth

No closed season round here.... Just had a mouch up the Don... Two fishing, both told rivers shut, neither bothered. Up near Oughtibridge 25meter net in river, obviously come adrift of the bank, with fish struggling in it. Both incidents reported to EA but I'll not hold my breath

No closed season round here.... Just had a mouch up the Don... Two fishing, both told rivers shut, neither bothered. Up near Oughtibridge 25meter net in river, obviously come adrift of the bank, with fish struggling in it. Both incidents reported to EA but I'll not hold my breath

Same on Thames...3 lure anglers thought they were fishing the canal

Just to highlight.
If you call the EA regards illegal activity. Ask for a reference number and for an update on what action is taken.

Hi men

Only a month to go , so it dont take long for it to pass . Carp in my lake are spawning , for the second time , so the areas shut down until they have stopped . Just paid for my Ouse syndicate , although my total of 2 hours fishing for the whole of last season must be bettered , or its not worth it .

Hatter

Graham.
I put a post up on the AT FB site that it seems only 0.1 percent of anglers wanted to change things.

It was deleted twice:D:rolleyes:

While I'm sure our views on the matter are similar Graham, I hope it was deleted for sound arithmetical reasons - there are not 6.8 million anglers in the UK.

24 years ago, when there were many more than today, the pumped-up estimate was 2.9 million. In the seventies I always remember 3 million was the figure we saw everywhere.

Back