• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

E.a doing there job :):):):)

Wayne Glossop

I was sat peacfully watching my rod on the trent yesterday, when a speed boat come flying up with three people on it they almost crashed the boat, and two men jumped out with equipped jackets on. To my suprise it was the enviornment agency needless to say i was very pleased to see them, as iv been fishing for almost 10 years and only ever been asked once. They also asked if i had seen any lines out in the water (which i hadnt) but i did tell them they need to crack down on the Ee's poaching the reply was were doing our best!!!!

Wow Wayne, 3 ea officers all at once, thats probably even rarer than the 3 16lbs that were caught. :D:eek:

yeah i was gob smacked lol. i actually told them i was happy to see them haha. no i lost one down to nothing more than stupidity by myself David a lesson learnt though.

Wayne- do you have any photographic evidence of this astonishing, experience of a life time, sighting? It would be worth us double checking and validating what you saw. Could you estimate their weights? Someone saw one a few months back- outside Burger King- so possibly a few pounds heavier which is a fairly normal autumn weight gain. Did you actually see the three of them together? If not how can you be sure that one wasn't a resurface? I mean bobbing down (to tie a shoelace or something) and then bobbing up again- making it look like there were three of them, which would be a river record. Cheers

I can confirm its defo a RR I saw the three of them, but they never saw my four rods or my BNQ, but they gave me a wave instead of running over my lines.

Wayne- do you have any photographic evidence of this astonishing, experience of a life time, sighting? It would be worth us double checking and validating what you saw. Could you estimate their weights? Someone saw one a few months back- outside Burger King- so possibly a few pounds heavier which is a fairly normal autumn weight gain. Did you actually see the three of them together? If not how can you be sure that one wasn't a resurface? I mean bobbing down (to tie a shoelace or something) and then bobbing up again- making it look like there were three of them, which would be a river record. Cheers

Take a bow sir!

He knows because he sacked them up until the morning. Unfortunately one had tried to issue the other two with tickets for being on the water without night tickets, so he was dead, but all three were in the photo together, so definitely three different ones.

Cheers, Dave.

ea

come to think of it wayne, i have never seen one an ea bailiff ??????, on any river i have fished , are they a myth ????

In the four years ive been back fishing ive never seen an ea officer until yesterday, when driving through Bury town centre i was cut up by a white van. When pulling along side it further up the road i noticed it was decked out on the sides in bold writing ENVIROMENT AGENCY, made me chuckle as theres no water for miles.

my missus was there to witness this rare occasion soon after i was wondering if a new pb would take mybait, sadly it wasnt the case.........oh well

Does put a whole new twist on the 'Three men in a boat' thing though, doesn't it? I suppose you could also say that one bailiff on the land is worth three in yer swim :eek:

Cheers, Dave.

I am sorry but I just do not believe it!!!

You know what we Thames anglers say:-

"If there is no photo then it did not happen, and it does not matter how much you protest!"

Wayne stop wasting our time on here with imaginary captures, there is far too much of that already.;);)

We had an EA guy attend one of our local club meetings. He was great and offered loads of advice on everything from stocking, water quality, predation, poaching etc etc. I feel that we have made a real pal and as an added bonus, he is a fishing enthusiast. It might be an idea for other clubs to get in contact with their local EA and see what transpires - it really is a no lose situation.

We had an EA guy attend one of our local club meetings. He was great and offered loads of advice on everything from stocking, water quality, predation, poaching etc etc. I feel that we have made a real pal and as an added bonus, he is a fishing enthusiast. It might be an idea for other clubs to get in contact with their local EA and see what transpires - it really is a no lose situation.

I feel a lot of people have found exactly that Jim. The EA is often seen as worthless to anglers, even seen as an enemy because of the sometimes baffling things it does (or doesn't do) or allows to happen. Much of this is seemingly directly anti angling...and certainly contrary to the the well being of fish. However, I think that is down to politics and the anti social, utterly profit driven way most (all?) big businesses are run. However, when you get down to the grass roots, to the foot soldiers as it were, you can find some real diamonds...dedicated, hard working guys, often mines of information...and as heartbroken as we are at some of the things their lords and masters demand.

Strange (sad?) old world isn't it?

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Back