• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drying Muckboots/Grubs

Found myself with the same problem last week.My solution was to stick my good lady's hair dryer in each boot for ten minutes.Worked a treat!.

Jason

Boys your both making the classic mistake.

Both makes of boot are neoprene so require dry ambient are flow to dry out in, so if you leave them either in the garage or any other damp place or indeed if you pack them with anything that reduces the air flow and they will not dry.

Either take them in to the house or if you use your car regularly leave them in there but in either case do not pack them with anything and make sure that they get some air;)

Keith, the material lining which is supposed to wick away the perspiration is soaked in my boots and leaving them to air-dry isn't going to dry them overnight.

If you have working air conditioning in your car a good blast of hot air conditioned air works wonders for getting rid of moisture.

I just simply place my wellies, boots, socks and anything else that i cannot dry on a double radiator overnight. Top tip pull the insoles out and place them next to your wellies on the radiator.

Anthony

If your house is warm they will dry but if you want to be sure do as Jon says and put them on a radiator

Keith, these are the snowline version so have an insulated sole. The heat doesn't get through the boot to dry it when they are on the radiator, trust me I've tried. We have a twin fin radiator in the hallway and even when it was banging out the heat, they stayed wet. Putting the boots alongside it didn't work as the neoprene gives it the insulation I bought them for in the first place. If I can find a way to hang them upside down over the radiator, I may have more luck! In the meantime, it's insoles out and newspaper in (and changed regularly) until I can set the hairdryer on them.

Keith, these are the snowline version so have an insulated sole. The heat doesn't get through the boot to dry it when they are on the radiator, trust me I've tried. We have a twin fin radiator in the hallway and even when it was banging out the heat, they stayed wet. Putting the boots alongside it didn't work as the neoprene gives it the insulation I bought them for in the first place. If I can find a way to hang them upside down over the radiator, I may have more luck! In the meantime, it's insoles out and newspaper in (and changed regularly) until I can set the hairdryer on them.

I just leave it to the butler Anthony . it's what you pay them for :D

I put my muckboots in the same outwear pile in the garage where I leave the rest of my clothes. As if by magic these all appear in there respective drawers and cupboards fresh and clean. :D

It's the leprechauns that have done that , make sure you treat them well though , they can be nasty little fellas if you rub em up the wrong way ...

we have to wear wellingtons insulated or not in work, a lot of plants have boot driers just metal poles that sit over a warm air vent, they insist we use one pair while the others have at least 30 hours drying time, its works perfect and has stopped most wellie wearing problems whether rubber or neophrane:)

Back