• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan Twistlock handle problem

Kevin Brown

Senior Member & Supporter
Anyone ever lose the end cap from the Twistlock landing net handle ?
I’ve lost mine somewhere and contacted Drennan but no response , I contacted my local AD where I bought it from and they contacted Drennan but didn’t get anywhere .
I'm wondering if anyone as done the same and come up with a solution?
At the moment I have a wine bottle top taped on so not ideal !?
IMG_4797.jpeg

Oh wow Mr Issac’s comes to the rescue yet again ,
thanks Rich , pretty sure you have my address 🤣

It’s nothing really. I bought my original pole about 11 years ago. I replaced it recently with the new type just because it was about time really to have it renewed before the old one did fail on me.
When I got the new one I was given a spare cap and collet. I don’t need the cap it’s going to sit in a drawer for years so it may aswell help someone out.

While we’re on the subject mine has got a bit gritty and is getting scratched up opening and closing it down. Is there anyway of cleaning it?

Yes. Pull the section right out the front and shove afew wet wipes in the front nice and tight then push them right through with the section.
Do it afew times. Put it back together with a small squirt of wd40

Don’t know if they still do them but I have a brush for cleaning pole sections , it has three different size brushes with breakdown screw together sections , it’s long enough to go right through the handle. Mine gets a clean as soon as it starts feeling a bit gritty. Also trying to keep the joint out of the water and dirt helps.

Anyone ever lose the end cap from the Twistlock landing net handle ?
I’ve lost mine somewhere and contacted Drennan but no response , I contacted my local AD where I bought it from and they contacted Drennan but didn’t get anywhere .
I'm wondering if anyone as done the same and come up with a solution?
At the moment I have a wine bottle top taped on so not ideal !?
View attachment 24378
That’s weird- I lost one last week- how it’s come adrift I’ll never know as plenty of thread on them??
Fortunately I had a spare from a now retired one but you’ve reminded me to contact Drennan
I always thought their after sales was very good so if I hear anything I’ll let you know Kev in case you want a spare?

Yes I need two of everything theses days 🤣
Glad it’s just not me that loses stuff
Apparently Drennan are doing some sort of stock take at the moment, hence no reply’s .

Thanks Paul

And always dry them out if they are wet internally.
The chrome thread on the internal section corrodes and eventually it stops working. Once this happens…. It’s throw away.

Back