• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Double at last !!!

Congratulations Wayne!

I am very pleased for you, catching your first fish of over 10lb is a milestone that only happens once.
I remember my life went from ordinary monotony to extremely cheerful in one fell swoop; I had a big smile on my face for several weeks.

And do not worry about smiling in your pictures, I try to, but mostly I am too concerned for the fish at the time!

I’ll bet everyone on here is smiling just after the fish have gone back safely.

I am sure you are still dead chuffed, but you have done yourself no favours, catching big Barbel is like having an incurable disease that you will never cure, nor will you ever seek one!!
And no one outside your angling mates or other anglers will ever come close to understanding what is wrong with you.

Tight lines fella!!

Congratulations Wayne!

I am very pleased for you, catching your first fish of over 10lb is a milestone that only happens once.
I remember my life went from ordinary monotony to extremely cheerful in one fell swoop; I had a big smile on my face for several weeks.

And do not worry about smiling in your pictures, I try to, but mostly I am too concerned for the fish at the time!

I’ll bet everyone on here is smiling just after the fish have gone back safely.

I am sure you are still dead chuffed, but you have done yourself no favours, catching big Barbel is like having an incurable disease that you will never cure, nor will you ever seek one!!
And no one outside your angling mates or other anglers will ever come close to understanding what is wrong with you.

Tight lines fella!!

Cheers mate, I can't stop smiling just the point in life il never forget it makes me happy knowing the barbel went back safely did get absolutely soaked getting it back as I was in the bivvy without my boots on so I ended up down the bank in socks, but my god it was well worth it absolutely made up and just can't wait to get back there next weekend. With the water temp been cold and the overall conditions not good I stuck it out and that makes me feel 100% better about the situation.
Just love barbel fishing what a fantastic thing to do with spare time ;)
Kind regards

What was the weight then?

What was the weight then?

Not the biggest double mate 10lb 4oz but still all the same give me the biggest buzz in fishing so far, the avons went to orange and the adrenaline kicked in mate. Didn't think it was that big but when I got it net I was shaking lol.
Regards

Pukka fish Wayne, top man. I think you will find that an awful lot of people (me included) were a little....astonished shall we say....by your seemingly endless list of questions originally :D However, I think your boundless and infectious enthusiasm, your excitement and obvious passion for your hobby soon had many of them smiling as they typed their replies (and that includes some pretty straight talking guys :p)

So....good luck to you fella. Ignore the put downs and just carry on loving every second of your fishing and following your dream in your own way mate....and may that double be the first of many.

Cheers, Dave.

Great result Wayne, it is such a great feeling to achieve a goal, keep going mate and keep enjoying it, and keep on keeping on :)

My next aim is to catch a double and not throw it back as I fall in head first;).....

What took you so long:D:D:D

Nice one Wayne

Pukka fish Wayne, top man. I think you will find that an awful lot of people (me included) were a little....astonished shall we say....by your seemingly endless list of questions originally :D However, I think your boundless and infectious enthusiasm, your excitement and obvious passion for your hobby soon had many of them smiling as they typed their replies (and that includes some pretty straight talking guys :p)

So....good luck to you fella. Ignore the put downs and just carry on loving every second of your fishing and following your dream in your own way mate....and may that double be the first of many.

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks Dave, haha, I did ask alot of questions, I'd do ok as a police interviewer lol, just wanted abit of help in the right direction which Iv had off a lot of people on here and I owe a big thanks to them! Think Im just about there now and have got alot more confident in my self and tackle Iv got.

Il keep following my dream and do what I can I hope it is the first of many too and I'm sure il have a bigger one this winter, I just live for the barbel fishing absolutely amazing, il let people talk about me cos whilst they are talkin about me there leaving everyone else alone ;);).

Thanks again

My next aim is to catch a double and not throw it back as I fall in head first;).....

Didn't quite fall in but was Down bank in socks and in water with trainers on up to shins to release it and by eck the Taysports sure did the job after lol.

Great result Wayne, it is such a great feeling to achieve a goal, keep going mate and keep enjoying it, and keep on keeping on :)

Thanks Crooky, it bloody is mate It's like winning the lottery cracking that double mark and just can't wait to get back out there roll on weekend lol.
Regards

Nice one Wayne good to see all that enthusiasm & effort payed off really hope you get that big girl your after this winter,well done fella.

Nice one Wayne good to see all that enthusiasm & effort payed off really hope you get that big girl your after this winter,well done fella.

It has payed off but been a bloody long time and a lot of water passed under my rods before it happened, il never give up mate all winter in all conditions il be there just hate the thought of march 15th what am I going to do?
(fish sim 2) Haha.
Thanks Rick :):)

What's your next goal Wayne,a 12lber,15lber or just to beat your pb.
Remember enjoy your fishing & good luck on your quest there's always next season if it doesn't happen this winter.

Back