• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Double at last !!!

What's your next goal Wayne,a 12lber,15lber or just to beat your pb.
Remember enjoy your fishing & good luck on your quest there's always next season if it doesn't happen this winter.

A 14lb from the TT is an aim Iv set myself before the end of this season, which would be a massive achievement for my first season of barbel fishing mate. Then go for something a bit bigger next season as no doubt i will have learnt alot more about the river and about the conditions which are right just can't wait to be there when the river is 7-8ft higher Iv learnt alot this weekend regarding bait and feed. I love my fishing and love been on the river regardless pal.
Regards
Wayne

Also looking forward too the first big flood can't beat it when there's 12ft on and the rivers chocolate coloured,tramming through & spilling onto the 2nd flood bank,one of my favourite conditions seems a long time since the last flood on the TT,the low & clear conditions are getting very tedious now.

Also looking forward too the first big flood can't beat it when there's 12ft on and the rivers chocolate coloured,tramming through & spilling onto the 2nd flood bank,one of my favourite conditions seems a long time since the last flood on the TT,the low & clear conditions are getting very tedious now.

Just got a nice feeling we are going to be in for a fantastic winters fishing :):). The thought of getting out of my bivvy in the snow with a lovely hot cup of tea and watching the river ripping through what a great idea :):), Iv never fished it badly in flood so that will be another experience this season (hopefully)

Well done Wayne , full marks for perciverance .

I set myself the target of a double for this my first season , wouldnt set a weight target as you can put too much pressure on yourself , just enjoy every fish regardless of size

Just got a nice feeling we are going to be in for a fantastic winters fishing :):). The thought of getting out of my bivvy in the snow with a lovely hot cup of tea and watching the river ripping through what a great idea :):), Iv never fished it badly in flood so that will be another experience this season (hopefully)
I suspect you'll find the fishing better in the floods that the snow ;)

Well done on your double!

Congratulations, as long as you enjoy it go for it, just don't put pressure on you, family relationships and work commitments to get there.

You’re like a freight train at the moment, enjoy the journey.....I am sure you are.
It does show that BFW is a great resource and it has some generous people willing to offer great advice and help when it is needed.

Wish I had more time to fish at the moment good luck with your goals.

Congratulations, as long as you enjoy it go for it, just don't put pressure on you, family relationships and work commitments to get there.

You’re like a freight train at the moment, enjoy the journey.....I am sure you are.
It does show that BFW is a great resource and it has some generous people willing to offer great advice and help when it is needed.

Wish I had more time to fish at the moment good luck with your goals.

Cheers Adam, I sure do enjoy it mate :):). I tend to go at weekends due to work so no pressure on work or family, and I'm single so no missus nagging at me asking when I'm coming home lol.
Good way to describe how I am mate lol ;).

Il try my very best to achieve my goals, hope you find the time for your fishing.

It's a fine example, the lads on here who have helped me decide on the tackle, and I absolutely love the gear Iv bought for the job.
Cheers

Well done Wayne , full marks for perciverance .

I set myself the target of a double for this my first season , wouldnt set a weight target as you can put too much pressure on yourself , just enjoy every fish regardless of size

It's amazing to achieve a target, Iv got an aim of 14lb this winter I know I'll have a lot of blanks but I'm confident enough in myself and in my tackle now hence the lack of post's lately lol.
Any fish I catch be it barbel, bream, chub etc always put a smile on my face but barbel are totally different for me, but all fish always get treated with the upmost respect they deserve!!
Thanks

I set myself a target of catching my first double this year but with the weather turning colder i thaught id missed my chance. after a cold night on tuesday i didnt really fancy my chances but decided to fish a short session wednesday. After 20mins i hooked a good fish that weighed in at 9,10 a new pb for me. 40mins later i got another fish of around 7lb. I would have been happy enough going home with what id already caught but when i stuch into the next fish i could tell it was bigger than anything id had before. weighing it at 10,2 i was a verry happy chap! tight lines all

I set myself a target of catching my first double this year but with the weather turning colder i thaught id missed my chance. after a cold night on tuesday i didnt really fancy my chances but decided to fish a short session wednesday. After 20mins i hooked a good fish that weighed in at 9,10 a new pb for me. 40mins later i got another fish of around 7lb. I would have been happy enough going home with what id already caught but when i stuch into the next fish i could tell it was bigger than anything id had before. weighing it at 10,2 i was a verry happy chap! tight lines all

effort+time=reward, very well done, there's no finer feeling :)!!!!

I've been off line for a week and i've only just seen this :(

Well done Wayne :D fantastic ! many future doubles will blur in your memory, but you'll never forget this one, effort does bring it's rewards, as long as you keep enjoying it, it'll never seem like effort ;)

Cracker mate

Ian.

Super stuff and well done.

A very special moment in any barbellers career.

Don't forget to enjoy them all!

Best wishes,
Cat and Jeff

Back