• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dog friendly waters

Hi men ,

Just an update . I have recieved a reply to a letter asking for official permision to take a well behaved dog with us on the stretch of Kennet we fish . I offerd a couple of options that could be used to control any members taking dogs on site . This was to either pay an extra say £10 on top of the normal fee to show you really are serious on the conduct of your own dog . Also that dogs could be on the lead at all times , again not a problem to me . It goes without saying any mess to be cleared up , and any problems would see this permit retracted , seems quiet simple to me . These were turned down with no chance of it being changed :( .

Strange really , the people using the area to walk their dog , who are at all times off their leads , along a road / path that runs for great lenght alongside the river pay nothing for this pleasure . On the other hand ,we pay £500 ???.

Mad thing is we have thrown off poachers on a couple of occations , acting as a member should , and a mutt alongside you would have been handy for sure . Ah well , time to move on :(.

Hatter

Last edited:
Mark,

I hope being a non-member, you will go back and visit, with your dog of course on a regular basis? :)

Thanks Ian glad to be back as a Bailiff, I remember fishing at Whistley mill with Steve Collier from the Lands End Pub one night about 11pm, when 2 poachers turned up and told us they were from the local Circus in Binfield, One Chap was huge and had a Rottweiler dog with him, the other chap to our amazement had a parrot on his shoulder and a rod in his hand, and we had not been drinking, We pointed them to the free section upstream and to our relief they went. Thanking us for our help,

Happy Days Ray Thorpe

Last edited:
Hi men,

That could only happen to you Ray :D. At least he could fish with the dog :eek:. You will like Tyson the Luton dog!.

Hatter

he will attack northern monkeys haha

lucky for me my jack russle tucker will be coming with me starting this summer

Back