• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Does this rod exist?

I have spent too long trawling the internet and have only ended up confusing myself.

I am looking for a float rod, ideally with the option of 13-15 foot, for using with lines up to at least 8lbs, for trotting with a pin for everything from grayling to (hopefully) barbel, and for float fishing still waters for rudd and tench.

The best option i think i've found is the Drennan floatmaster 13/15 but i'm worried it may be a little undergunned for trotting for barbel.

I'm prepared to pay £200+.

I'm sure this is not a new topic, but i would really welcome feedback - i'm looking to buy Boxing Day :)
I have a drennan 13-15ft combo

Well in 2011 when the thread was started it probably didn’t exist but there’s been afew candidates since then. Daiwa 13/15 spectron and tournament pro’s would of been ideal. 2-8lb line recommendations

Back