• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

DNA Secret 7 Boilies

Is the secret 7 a similar smell to the old secret agent or is it just coincidental.
Get the smell of fishmeal and peach more than anything else. The old 'Secret Agent' flavour was predominately fenugreek to me and persisted for quite a time......and time....and time.

Thanks,
You couldn't get rid of the smell, I once spilled some flavouring on my trousers... it was indestructable

Hi all
I got sample of baits (shelf life) from DNA Secret 7, SLk and Baitworks, Atlantic heat, Royal marine and Monster red, and did and did the glass test over night. My view was monster red gave out the most flavour / scent / colour which if I was Carp fishing I would probably use!
The DNA Secret 7 and SLK remained quite firm, but to me the best smell and the ones which softened up the best after 12 hours were Atlantic heat and Royal marine! My particular preference was for Royal marine.
I took photos of all of them, and will upload them when i figure out how!
I must say I only use freezer baits so not sure how relevant this is
With any Boilie to get the best out of it, you must stick with it for the whole season if not a couple of years, and a little pre baiting always helps
Regards
Wayne

Hi all
I got sample of baits (shelf life) from DNA Secret 7, SLk and Baitworks, Atlantic heat, Royal marine and Monster red, and did and did the glass test over night. My view was monster red gave out the most flavour / scent / colour which if I was Carp fishing I would probably use!
The DNA Secret 7 and SLK remained quite firm, but to me the best smell and the ones which softened up the best after 12 hours were Atlantic heat and Royal marine! My particular preference was for Royal marine.
I took photos of all of them, and will upload them when i figure out how!
I must say I only use freezer baits so not sure how relevant this is
With any Boilie to get the best out of it, you must stick with it for the whole season if not a couple of years, and a little pre baiting always helps
Regards
Wayne
Interesting stuff Wayne, I was in two minds what boilie to go for from Baitworks, leaning towards the Atlantic Heat, but the Royal Marine sounds good too, so like you sampled the three and will have a play. They are fairly close to me in Cirencester so might take a trip out there, I assume the do counter sales?

Get the smell of fishmeal and peach more than anything else. The old 'Secret Agent' flavour was predominately fenugreek to me and persisted for quite a time......and time....and time.
Fishmeal and peach? That sounds like the original Premier Baits combo back in the late 80s / early 90s. Absolutely devastating at the time for carp.

Interesting stuff Wayne, I was in two minds what boilie to go for from Baitworks, leaning towards the Atlantic Heat, but the Royal Marine sounds good too, so like you sampled the three and will have a play. They are fairly close to me in Cirencester so might take a trip out there, I assume the do counter sales?

Give Mark a call but pretty sure he does, i used to pick up direct from the unit.

Back