• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Infinity Evo or FS Barbel gold rods

Might be a silly question guys. What are anti frap guides?
Rod guides designed to be 'anti-tangle' or 'automatically disentangling' with regard to line wrapping around guide frame and causing tangles, An example of such a guide is Fuji 'K' series which have been around for a number of years. Other manufacturers have fairly recently introduced their own versions. Come in double and single foot versions together with tip rings with 'anti frap' frames.

IMG_0828 crop 800.jpg
Shown below Fuji BC KWAG. and BC MNAT tip

Yes a good explanation
But the only Frapups I've had with my original Infinitys over years and more years in all weather is the ruddy line getting twisted at the top on an upstanding isotope fixed on tip.No more.
Fishing into night the Delkims are switched on silent mode with receiver.

Couple of things re the infinity, which is a great rod, by the way.
They say they're made in the uk, but mine has no indication of this, whereas my other uk Diawas have a union jack on them.
Also, i reckon the only guide on them that is a genuine fuji is the tip, i might be wrong, though.

Unless I’m told otherwise I definitely believe the infinity is one of a few Daiwa rods made in Scotland.
the quality of the build is as far as I’m concerned no better than equally good rods made elsewhere. These are still mass producers not rod builders. If you order a pair the chances of getting a matching pair are next to none If that’s important. You will always get subtle differences in whipping lengths, spacings, colours, etc.
personally I wouldn’t care too much and have always judged a rod on performance but some people insist they match.
The only way you’ll get a top top quality Daiwa is to have the bare blank built on by a top quality builder.
not all Fuji rings are stamped afaik. If the infinity spec from Daiwa says Fuji sic then that’s what they will be. Fuji do various rings in SIC inserts and it could be the case that these are just a middle of the road version.

Back