• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Culling illegally stocked predators ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the question is....did you kill it as an alien species??

Paul

I suppose the question is....did you kill it as an alien species??

Paul

If you mean did I kill the rainbow trout - yes. It was just above the EA size limit, in season and edible. I don't have a pal's brother behind the scenes who could dispose of the fish on his veg' patch (assuming I could smuggle the carcasses past the bus driver).

I've taken many a signal crayfish from the same river too.

i took my rainbows home from the chess, i put all browns back.
the first rainbows i caught in the 80's were clear rainbows, latter, a cross rainbow spotty things, they went back.

Last edited:
If you mean did I kill the rainbow trout - yes. It was just above the EA size limit, in season and edible. I don't have a pal's brother behind the scenes who could dispose of the fish on his veg' patch (assuming I could smuggle the carcasses past the bus driver).

Dig, dig, dig, turn, turn, turn, as often as possible, however little - the golden rule of the gardener and a few poor spiteful souls on fishing sites.

PS - No more cryptic digs from this gent, please, owner / moderators, or I'll show you how to bring a site down.

Last edited:
Dig, dig, dig, turn, turn, turn, as often as possible, however little - the golden rule of the gardener and a few poor spiteful souls on fishing sites.

PS - No more cryptic digs from this gent, please, owner / moderators, or I'll show you how to bring a site down.

It's a cryptic dig Paul no more, whatever is wrong with you, have you completely lost your sense of humour?
And as for the threat of 'Bringing This Site Down'... really?

Blimey ! i can't wait :) go for it Paul :D

Hi men,

Paul , go for it :D , that will make you really popular :D. Moderators , due to a threat from a man with a small ***** ( even if in jest ) you would be mad to let that happen.

Hatter

Many happy days on the Chess circa 1966 to 1970. Worming mainly under the road culvets.

Lots of rainbows from 4oz to over 2lb. Bigger ones from below the lakes under the road bridge and edging onto the trout fishery.....;)

It certainly was a superb little river, much fishing done by sticking the rod tip between trees and bushes and avoiding the cars on the road behind.

Drinking water straight from the crystal clear stream.

Once held larger trout further upstream just before the town at the back of my Mothers house alongside the Pheasant pub.

Long times ago, lovely days, never to return there for sure.

Many happy days on the Chess circa 1966 to 1970. Worming mainly under the road culvets.

Lots of rainbows from 4oz to over 2lb. Bigger ones from below the lakes under the road bridge and edging onto the trout fishery.....;)

It certainly was a superb little river, much fishing done by sticking the rod tip between trees and bushes and avoiding the cars on the road behind.

Drinking water straight from the crystal clear stream.

Once held larger trout further upstream just before the town at the back of my Mothers house alongside the Pheasant pub.

Long times ago, lovely days, never to return there for sure.

road bridge sarrat mill was the spot, nice deep pool, great days.
the chess once held the graying record, who knew that.

Sounds like a fantastic little River, I used to fish a chalk stream (Brinkworth Brook) that ran by Wooton Bassett Nr Swindon, it was stuffed with Rainbows:( Chub and some quality Roach, and yet it was little more than 6 foot across in places, and certainly to some not worth a second look to most. The 'boys' learned the delight of float fishing a River on the Brook, a truly magic place.

On the topic of alien species, I can't see rainbow trout ever being much of a problem. Trout supplied to fisheries are triploid and cannot breed. If released or escape into a river, their numbers must naturally dwindle. Additionally, trout seem to be quite high on a pike's menu.

The same Pike that seem not to have been adversly affected by the presence of Zander;)

Paul

The same Pike that seem not to have been adversly affected by the presence of Zander;)

Paul

Why would they be 'adversely affected' by the wretched things? They eat them for dinner :p Apart from being 'adversely affected' by indigestion bought on by eating too many foreign take aways of course :D

Cheers, Dave.

Paul

They don't do they - seems the two species live quite happily side by side munching on each other :D (Its now over 20 yrs since my first Zed came out of the 7rn) I've not noticed any decline in the fishing for whatever species (silver or other) targetted - river or canal.

The only difference when pred fishing now is - is the run/take a Pike or a Zed :)

Last edited:

Paul, hearing you loud and clear, but dont be surprised if the moderation team, in view of your latest threat, decide that it is your cryptic digs that we wish to hear no more.

<edit : This user is no longer a member of the forum - BFW Team>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back