• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Collingham official statement

The club is limited to 300 members. Surely with the revenue they will loose will be a good chunk of money. Yes I have read their decisions amd dont blame them. but perhaps they could looked a online booking system where people have to leave personal details reg details etc. And possibly get a few bailiffs to enforce the rules. Putting the price up for a 24hr ticket could of helped with costs.

From my understanding there is a large portion of the 300 members who don't and never have fished the river.

I've only fished it the once for a social which was great. No beer and all rubbish was taken. Pooh was double bagged cable tied and taken home. Its not too difficult surely.

I'll be going back in August still for our social just a bit pricier as I'll have to b and b it now.
Regarding having to stay in a B&B. Just think how much a farmer could make by opening a campsite next to the river!

Regarding having to stay in a B&B. Just think how much a farmer could make by opening a campsite next to the river!
Don't think he would want all the hassle thou, seeing as they are also complaining about the mess being made. Plus the anti social behaviour would still be there.
Also who is going to police the new no non members night fishing.

At the end of the day, who is to blame. If people had been more responsible and respectful the issue wouldn’t of occurred. I haven’t fished the place and was interested, for the experience if nothing else. I’m sure there will much uproar in some corner of the internet but if things had got that bad it was doing Angling no favours, just tarring us with a bad brush.

Shooting from the hip and not knowing the club etc my gut feel is that if it was my club I’d close ranks completely to any ‘ visitors’ and get things sorted PDQ with the members
In our club there are no guests allowed and this can be frustrating when it’s not getting fished as much as it could or you’d like to take a bona fide guest for some quality fishing but you wouldn’t find so much as a fag butt in a peg.
Such is the respect of the members who know they are privileged and things can easily change
This isn’t a money can get you anywhere club, this is hand-picked dead mens shoes club
And the reason the most famous stretch on the Swale is a tight syndicate is because…..you guessed it….it used to be a pay on the bank fishery and and it was ruined for a lot of good , responsible anglers by morons who I would wager are no longer fishing
Few miles downstream is a pay as you go all-nighter that IMHO has been completely ruined and exactly the same issues as Collingham

Back