• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Codbelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Ben . Whilst not a member of any other''other groups/ organisations'' and not a concious keyboard warrior [!?] I can't see how some people could '' learn '' from these top chaps if we don't know who they are . As far as I can see from an admitedly cursory glance ,the site in question is not filled with top tips and helpful advice about angling for our beloved barbel . How can we learn from these masters , that is the question :D

Last edited:
Morning Ben . Whilst not a member of any other''other groups/ organisations'' and not a concious keyboard warrior [!?] I can't see how some people could '' learn '' from these top chaps if we don't know who they are?

Ah but, we all know who we are (well, most of the time) but even if that were not the case why should anonymity be a problem?

Oscar Wilde said, "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth".

While I don't agree with all he said I can see a little logic in this one.

No big deal Adrian , I just like to know who I am communicating with , reading the work of , listening to the ramblings of etc .If all that stuff on the other side is the'' truth'' brought about by anonimity God save us all ! The mask of anonimity does encourage some to say what they really mean , bit like a chap after 8 pints of strong ale .The downside of speaking / communicating anonomously, is that to me it lessens the conviction of what is being said , i.e. if you mean what you say have the confidence to identify yourself . Some of the stuff on there is genuinly funny though

Last edited:
Any site that takes the mick out of admins/moderators/posters on BFW site certainly doesn't get free advertising on our forums.

Live and let live, as long as you're not hurting or offending anyone else in the process I say...

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back