• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Club Memberships...how many?

Currently, 5 local club memberships which usually increases to 7 or 8 in the winter. This gives me access to around 1000, mostly fishless, swims along miles and miles of the Upper Thames and its tributaries. I joined BAA this year for a change of scene.

That’s the going rate in the London Counties for a members club Jon.
Yeah I can bet mate. I used to like the council course up licky hills. £18 a round I think and £12 in winter. My mate took me somewhere the once and it was £35. I felt like giving him a slap lol

Two seasons ago it was 6 clubs and 2 syndicates. This season down to 3 clubs and 1 syndicate, the syndicate will go next season. Fortunately one of my clubs is free on attaining pensionable age for long term members, although I doubt this is offered nowadays.

I’m in 4, 2 very big, one mid-size and one very small (handy for escaping the masses), plus AT and the Tenchfishers.

I have a couple of club tickets, and run my own stretch, although i largely barbel fish on free stretches now anyway.

For me. It’s RDAA and CAS and then in Essex a club that I’ve been a member for most of my life and I know I won’t get back in for 10 yrs.
Mainly for the “Essex club lake “ as it’s known as historically that holds some big old boys and girl and aloot of up and coming fish. Plus the other fish which go big. And the other lake on its books has fish up to 40 plus. But just had a low o2 fish kill. . I also belong to a carp syndicate which is in Essex which is regularly in the press . Thinking of verilum next year but I’m not sure as it sounds a bit crowded on most if the stretches. May join fishers green also. I can also fish a few other exclusive club lakes through the London fire brigade fishing section which is handy. Some being the MET police and other locked down organisations. But I’m very invested in the rivers at the moment. Done my time on wind swept pits for now.

My answer would be certainly more than I can use, and definitely more than my Girlfriend thinks 😂

Two carp syndicates in the Colne Valley
Three Clubs (British Airways, Leatherhead and Twyford and district).

Gives me access to 7 lakes from 2-90 acres, and however many miles of river.

I'll likely look to slim this down a bit next year.

3 for me, they cover spring carp fishing (including nights) and my barbel fishing. I would happily add a syndicate though ;)

I've been pretty good at getting rid of unused tackle and tickets in recent years 👍

Well that's got me thinking !
1 Carp Syndicate Ticket (Impulsive Purchase)
1 Tench Ticket (They do have other waters but never fished them)
2 Warwickshire Avon Tickets
1 BAA Ticket (Never Use)

So that's 5, it use to be 9 but given up all my Wye and Arrow Tickets

Got 1 Honorary Life Membership for a local Carp lake and a Trent club ticket that I have to drive around 150 miles to but I feel safe fishing on my own with the fantastic Northern hospitality sadly not the case on the Thames close to where I live where it can be very dodgy on your own

Back