• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

close seaon

Yes John. Several thousand from different rivers. Sonce i started my log 3034 ranging from a few ounces to 14lb14oz. Most in a day was 29 from trimpley in the early 80's.
Thanks for asking.

And you fail to have a photo? your taking the **** pal and most on here think the same................

How much bait you joker?

yes still holidays and had a beer Haha

And you fail to have a photo? your taking the **** pal and most on here think the same................

How much bait you joker?

yes still holidays and had a beer Haha

Failed a picture john no, refuse to let a very tight syndicates location yes. I don't seek anyone's approval on here. I have refrained from posting catches on here for two years. Why lately have i done it? Because people on here seem to be certain that the Severn is devoid of fish. It's simply not true. If I could give any advice its location location location.

As for your posts reference my recent catch. I take that as frustration on not doing well.
And as for bait, that's a good amount going in, and for three years we have all had numerous catches. I've always found the Severn a hungry river. Ive experimented with various amounts and more is more.

Enjoy the long closed season john and tight line's.

Hi men,

John , Nick , it's getting late on the first weekend of the close season , any differences can be always be discussed in pm , but as juniors look in , and it's a long 3 months let's have some civil disagreements :rolleyes: :D

Cheers hatter

Nick

this started with you saying you caught a myth then failed to produce a photo of the said capture

now throw your bait elsewhere

we have heard it all before ;)

I am here to help fellow anglers not to brag of captures or how much bait i have bought

sad man ;)

Hi men,

John , Nick , it's getting late on the first weekend of the close season , any differences can be always be discussed in pm , but as juniors look in , and it's a long 3 months let's have some civil disagreements :rolleyes: :D

Cheers hatter

Mark, hatter,

All i have done is post my intentions during the closed. Yet I've been lambasted by john. I will of course listen, and take on board your advice as a moderator. What I will say is my language has been clean throughout this and not crass.
As for pm. I have nothing I want to hear from thank you.

Best regards.

Nick

nick, why worry yourself about photo comments, i dont even carry a camera and i have caught lots of decent fish, you know what you caught so thats all that matters mate:)

Hi men,

When do you lot start looking for new venues / rivers ?. Do you have a proper break ?. I go for a few carp sessions , and the local canal for Gudgeon ( true !) and the perch and quality float fishing that we don't seem to do enough of !, then start to think of where we are going to fish next season when our club cards are due to be paid :D

Hatter

Hi John W,

Thanks for the positive post. I know I may have been a little negative in the posts but didn't expect the posts from this site. I too have many pictures (mainly on 35mm) I have nothing to prove mate. Just some people wish to bicker.

Tight line's my friend.

Back