• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

close seaon

John Walker

well the 3 months of madness is nigh, get ready for the doldrums, the festering desire to get on a river, good wishes to all you barbel men:)

As one door closes another opens. Mild winter and warmish early spring, shouldn't be too long before the gravel pit tench are feeding well.

John, take up fly fishing :)

Better still, walk all those lengths you've thought about fishing but never did, or the ones you disregarded years ago (they may have changed considerably in that time) and even get a pair of chest waders on and get in the river to find the holes!

Hi men,

Get rid of the close season then . I will be fishing the canal 5 yds from the river I'm fishing later today , all is well on the canal after years of the close season being lifted .

Hatter

Hi men,

Get rid of the close season then . I will be fishing the canal 5 yds from the river I'm fishing later today , all is well on the canal after years of the close season being lifted .

Hatter
Crazy isn't mark.:confused:

I'll be putting in a baiting campaign in a month. Ive got a good price on 100kgs of boilies and am collecting 6 25kg bags of hemp. Roll on June 16th.

I'll be putting in a baiting campaign in a month. Ive got a good price on 100kgs of boilies and am collecting 6 25kg bags of hemp. Roll on June 16th.

And the rest of the members what will they do come the 16th? Look on in amazement that you have all the Barbel under your rod tip :)

Seine net would be cheaper.

Only the Trent could handle that amount of bait ;)

your the master Nick :rolleyes:

Brilliant Ian :D
made me smile

Back