• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Change of rivers..

Cheers mate definitely going to give it ago I’m going to fish exactly how I fish the ribble with good results
Cheers mate definitely going to give it ago I’m going to fish exactly how I fish the ribble with good results
The only thing I’m bothered about is not fishing it regularly as I’m 40 min from ribble but 2-3 hrs from normanton and it obviously takes time to get it sussed but going to fish it a couple of times before close season👍

Tide times are key on short sessions and size of tide can also make a difference under certain conditions. One thing I would say is you’ll need more bait than on the Ribble, under favourable conditions, especially if you want multiple hits of fish. I haven’t had much luck roving on the tidal, to the point where I’ve now given up on it tbh. Get to know the stretch and fish the pegs that produce.

Tide times are key on short sessions and size of tide can also make a difference under certain conditions. One thing I would say is you’ll need more bait than on the Ribble, under favourable conditions, especially if you want multiple hits of fish. I haven’t had much luck roving on the tidal, to the point where I’ve now given up on it tbh. Get to know the stretch and fish the pegs that produce.
Cheers mate 👍

Back